1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto fold mirrors

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by PhilMill63, Dec 24, 2012.

1. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Apologies if this has been asked before, i have searched without much success! My new S4 has folding mirrors, is there a way to make them fold when locking the car?? Also, i have noticed that there is a mic inside the panel in the roof, was this fitted to all S4's with or without bluetooth?? I have tried to pair a phone without joy, i assume it doesn't have bluetooth.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all.

Phil
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. craiga

craiga Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    If your motor has the rsne headunit,then yes it has bluetooth.Took me a few trys to get my phone connected
  4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Not true, the RNS-E and BT were separate options (and they are separate hardware, the BT is not bulit-in to the RNS-E it's in a module underneath the passenger seat) and it was possible to order a car with an RNS-E but without BT.
  5. PetrolDave

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Not without adding some relays and doing some wiring mods. IIRC there's a thread somewhere on here with the details.

If you have 1 mic then that's the mic for the Bose AudioPilot system, if you have 2 mics then you have that one plus another for the BT system.
  6. shahedz

shahedz Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Where are the mics on the cab?
  7. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Excuse my ignorance but i don't have Bose so what does the mic do??
  8. Gazthesparky

Gazthesparky Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 24, 2012]
    In the a4 cab there are 2 mics hidden in the centre light. They are round black tube like things

They are both wired into the same 4 pin connector

One is for the Bose system for monitoring purposes I presume with 2 wires to it

The other one is for the blue tooth phone module this has 2 wires into the 4 pin connector

I've just retrofitted bluetooth into my cab and ordered the mic from Audi and it comes with the 2 mics wired into the 4 pin connector

So unlike other models the cab has 2 mics as standard if no Bose then no connection
  9. PetrolDave

[Dec 25, 2012]
    The Bose mic measures the background noise level and frequency content, and increases the volume and modifies the frequency response to compensate if you drive faster or over a rough road - the latter part is what GALA cannot do.