1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto door locking/anti-hijacking upgrade for free.

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_christhick, Jun 2, 2005.

1. imported_christhick

imported_christhick Guest

[Jun 2, 2005]
    Just received a letter from my local Audi main dealer asking if I would be interested in upgrading my centeral locking system to auto-lock when the car moves over 5mph and remains locked at traffic lights etc.

It costs £50 and takes 30 mins. All they are doing is reprogramming the locks so can this be done for free??

Someone must have the patch to reprogramme the car or does it require the Audi main dealer computer to do it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 2, 2005]
    Just anyone with VAGCOM
  4. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Jun 2, 2005]
    audi charged me £28.
  5. imported_Cali

imported_Cali Guest

[Jun 2, 2005]
    How is this done with VAGCOM ?
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 2, 2005]
    It's a setting in the central locking module, there was a thread on it somewhere, but the search on here is diabolical, I found this on AW:
    Central Locking
  7. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jun 3, 2005]
    They are milking it to make money as usual ...they see a niche in the market and instead of something as standard as that being done for safety and free we the consumer are just being extorted another way, thats the thanks we get for being loyal....bugger loyalty in future if thats how they treat their so called VALUED customers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif