Auto door lock question s4

***DK***

Reaction score
Hi guys
Some chancer had a rummage in my car over the last couple of nights on my driveway. I don't see any sign of break in so must have absent mindedly left it unlocked! Nothing stolen as I don't leave anything in there but glove box was open with docs on the floor, under seat storage opened and sunglasses storage etc all left open. I pressed unlock when I got to the car and so I can't really tell if it was locked but I suspect it wasn't.

I must admit I thought it had an auto lock feature enabled. Am I right to think the b7 S4 has that feature or am I going mad?

Thanks
And happy new year

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

There’s a feature which will lock it if you unlock and don’t lock a door within a minute(?) but nothing that will auto lock after you get out of the car, afaik.

-edit-
I’m talking from b7 tfsi point of view, but I can’t see interior electrics being much different.

Do you mean the 5mph locking? So nothing that if I leave it unlocked it will automatically lock the car within a timeframe?

There’s two separate settings:
Locking at 5mph which will unlock when you turn key off
And
A setting which will auto-lock if you unlock it with fob but then don’t open a door (if you unlock it by accident)

There’s no setting to auto lock it in the event that you turn the engine off and forget to lock it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see ok thanks. I have some cameras up so hoping I can trawl through the hours and get a visual on the guy. Lucky escape this time!