Auto Dip Mirror

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to have the windscreen changed due to stone chips in the area that fails the MOT, I thought as I am going to have a new screen I would take the opportunity to swap the rear view mirror for a auto dipping type, my question then is are all auto dipping mirrors the same fitting? I see many other model mirrors on Ebay but not for the a4 in black.

Thanks

most are the same for the audi

but you may get problems haveing the proper screen fitted when iv had a screen claim iv had the screen i wanted but latley they havent changed for the better screen they will only go on reg

even tho iv told them i had the dipped mirror one when i got there they checked and wouldnt fit.
you can pay a small fee extra sometimes.

Well tbh best option is to have the system fitted & mirror disconnected loose, then when they arrive they will usually see mirror & fit, but other option is to go to another screen company, pay excess or complete bill & claim the rest back through insurers saying it needed doing urgently because of the severity of damage & they will pay you back £100 or whatever the difference is I policy.

If you wanted us to do the install, we have a glass company we work with who could possibly assist :)

Thanks for the info, Nigel thanks for the offer, luckily my brother in law works for a windscreen company so that's easy. All i need is a mirror, there are a few on ebay.