Auto Dimming Mirror

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Picked up a cheap auto dimming mirror off eBay couple of days ago.
Looking through the wiring diagrams it needs connecting to hazard switch, reversing lights, heater controls and power.

I don't mind connecting it up to these, it's s bit more integrated in to the car than I thought.

Does any one know why it would need to be connecting to all these extra bits?
What's wrong with basic power?

Uploadfromtaptalk1369861817091

just wired mine to 12v illumination and earth so it works with lights on (theres connections in facelift interior light unit but thats no good to you)
reverse connection is to turn it off when reverse is selected so you can see but it works fine with just the two connections

Reactions: Arrkon
just wired mine to 12v illumination and earth so it works with lights on (theres connections in facelift interior light unit but thats no good to you)
reverse connection is to turn it off when reverse is selected so you can see but it works fine with just the two connections

I got ambient lighting in my main light unit, so I'll run the 12v illumination off that and put it to the normal earth.

The reverse one makes sense.
Byzan said the hazard is just a 12v feed.
I wonder what the windscreen heater does? Heat it to help it demist?
The mirror adjustment/heater connections are if you got dimming side mirrors?

The heater is litterally just that - they are heated to stop them misting up.

My S8 had an auto dimming heated interior mirror and door mirrors - the glass for them was horrendously expensive!

Id like a dimming mirror for my A4, but would only bother wiring in the dimming bit as has been suggested. The rest isnt really neccesary.

The heater is litterally just that - they are heated to stop them misting up.

My S8 had an auto dimming heated interior mirror and door mirrors - the glass for them was horrendously expensive!

Id like a dimming mirror for my A4, but would only bother wiring in the dimming bit as has been suggested. The rest isnt really neccesary.

I might do the heated bit if and when I strip my dash down again but for now basic wiring to get it working.

I'd like auto side bimming mirrors but not at the current price of the glass. That's stupid.