1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto dimming mirror ancillaries

Discussion in 'Parts Requests' started by 1animal1, May 3, 2011.

1. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[May 3, 2011]
    hiya Dave

Im after the ancillaries for the auto dimming rear view on a 2009 S3, i think theres two pieces of plastic, the plug to go into the mirror, including repair wires for that plug and for the control module, 000 979 131 i think?

and anything else you think will be appropriate - oooh and also price the rain sensor and the auto lights control switch pleeeease, if its reasonable ill order the lot off you
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. 1animal1

[May 6, 2011]
    dont worry about the rain light sensor as ive now sourced....

i'll be ordereing the B pillar gloss panels, map net so far....if you guys can price these bits as ill be needing these very shortly

2 pieces of plastic coving for dimming mirror (£10 ish)
    Dimming rear view mirror plug
    Repair wires for that plug, think they are 000 979 009 E �2.04 each
    Repair wires for the control module 000 979 131 E �2.04? each

-Auto lights switch cluster which is the light switch which has an additional auto button (the knob you turn lights on with)
    -Additonal plug for back of light switch (auto part)
    -Plug for rain/light sensor
    -repair wires for that plug (probably same as above)
    -repair wires for the control module - 000 979 131 E �2.04? each

cheers Dave
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. 1animal1

[May 7, 2011]
    oh and the spring clip that holds the rain light sensor and repair wire for the fuse board
  5. 1animal1

[May 9, 2011]
    Dave can you supply these? I am looking to order asap mate along with the other items at the top of the page
  6. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

[May 10, 2011]
    hi

you got the full list so i can go through it

Thanks Dave
  7. 1animal1

[May 10, 2011]
    hi Dave, im just trying to find from other members about this auto lights button on the light switch.... ive only seen it on a 58 plate with auto lights, none of the images on audi used seem to have this button, i dont know if it was removed or not? have you any ideas?
  8. 1animal1

[May 10, 2011]
    in the mean time heres the list......

2 pieces of plastic coving for dimming mirror (£10 ish) to cover the wires to the roof lining
    Dimming rear view mirror 'plug'
    Repair wires for that plug, think they are 000 979 009 E �2.04 each (supply enough for all holes)
    Repair wires for the control module 000 979 131 E �2.04? each (supply same amount as the above)

-Auto lights switch cluster which is the light switch which has an additional auto button (the knob you turn lights on with)
    -'plug' for back of light switch (auto button)
    -'Plug' for rain/light sensor
    -repair wires for both plugs (probably same as above) (supply enough for all holes)
    -repair wires for the control module - 000 979 131 E �2.04? each (supply same amount as the above)

-fuse board pins x2 - you may have two sizes for these i think
    -Spring clip to hold rainlight sensor to the windscreen

Think this is conclusive matem, if you spot anything else, can you add please :)

-Map pocket for passenger side (you've already priced this on a different thread so dont worry about looking for it)
  9. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

[May 11, 2011]
    right here we go.
    even though its late in the day, its the quietest time.

2 pieces of plastic coving for dimming mirror (£10 ish) to cover the wires to the roof lining £8.56
    Dimming rear view mirror 'plug' £3.03
    Repair wires for that plug, think they are 000 979 009 E £2.04 each (supply enough for all holes)
    Repair wires for the control module 000 979 131 E £2.04 each (supply same amount as the above)
    -Auto lights switch cluster which is the light switch which has an additional auto button (the knob you turn lights on with) £63.02,
    think its this description, switch for automatic drivinglights, side and driving lights,headlights, front and rear fogs, and coming home lights
    -'plug' for back of light switch (auto button) £5.00, there is 2 plugs dont know which one so price is for both
    -'Plug' for rain/light sensor £2.02
    -repair wires for both plugs (probably same as above) £2.04 (supply enough for all holes)
    -repair wires for the control module - 000 979 131 E £2.04 each (supply same amount as the above)

-fuse board pins x2 - you may have two sizes for these i think £4.02, but need to know what thickness wire you need
    -Spring clip to hold rainlight sensor to the windscreen £35.00, for the gel, clip and fixing brkt

Hope that will do

Dave
  10. 1animal1

[May 13, 2011]
    right cheers Dave, just debating over which switch (possibly TT version), will hopefully come back back with part number shortly.

Also, i have the silicone for rain sensor, i thought it was just a clip i need as the bracket is on the windscreen already isnt it?
  11. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Jun 24, 2011]
    Hi Dave,

just to bump this thread as i too am fitting these bits...

do you have an answer for tim's last question as i too am in the same dilemma
    "Also, i have the silicone for rain sensor, i thought it was just a clip i need as the bracket is on the windscreen already isnt it"

Is there another bracket needed? i have sourced the silicon and a metal ring clip thing for the rain sensor... what is the bracket you speak of?
    I could not see any other bracket part on ETKA (unless i looked in the wrong place)

Thanks