1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto changer advice

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by leespears1, May 10, 2004.

1. leespears1

leespears1 Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Ive currently got a Xplod 50Wx4 MDDX-CA680X Head unit with MD/CD Changer control. I want to wire up a cd auto changer to this as im sick of recording my own discs. Ive got a w reg 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport A3 with the Bose system set up. Please recomend or if any of you are selling, a good changer for this. Also what cableing and wires will i need extra. Are there wires pre installed into this model of A3. There is a round pin plug thats next to the Bose sub attached to the panel in the enclosure. Cheers
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jun 10, 2003
    You'll need to run the CD-BUS cable for the new changer, whatever is compatible with the head unit.
    The existing Audi cable is only compatible with the old HU and Panasonic changers. It's sh*te quality anyway so I wouldn't use it even you could plug it into an aftermarket HU. Running a new one is only a 15min job as you should be able to tuck it under the trim rather than take all the trim out and do it professionally.