Auto Air recirculation?

fizz

Reaction score
Hi guys

For some reason everytime I press the Auto Air recirculation button on my 57 plate SB, the light comes on and goes off straight away. Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? Has happened suddenly as been working since I bought the car 6 months ago. Not had chance to connect VCDS up, but wondering if any1 had the same issue and rectified it. Thnx in advance.

SB? is that the new concept audi :p you mean S3??

Mate the best thing i would recommend at this time, if you have got hands on VCDS scan it for codes, may be an easy fix, may be something that requires attention. VCDS will be so much accurate that out guess's on here.

If not 57plate should have a years warranty remaining. Let audi pay for the repair, nothing to worry about.
Thats what warranty made more.

it could be the air circulation motor thats eff'd

Sorry mate SB (sportback). Yeh gona bang vcds on in the morning and it will hopefully come up with something. Wierd thing is, when I switch manual air circulation it stays on. Thnx for the reply

According to CCDs there is a fault with the air quality sensor however it's started working again so have cleared the fault, anyone else had this issue?

Check out the FAQs in my sig. It's caused by a fault. It'll probably come back.

Thnx for the reply staz, the FAQs are very good, cheers:

This was the error by the way but not come back since i cleared so will monitor:

Thursday,30,July,2009,06:20:53:59151
VCDS Version: Release 805.4
Address 08: Auto HVAC
Control Module Part Number: 8P0 820 043 AG
Component and/or Version: KlimavollautomatH19 0420
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
1 Fault Found:
01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101010
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 176
Mileage: 34528 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2009.07.29
Time: 18:09:07
Freeze Frame:
Temperature: -50.0°C

I've moved this here so it may benefit others in future.

To be honest I have never heard of an air quality sensor but as you're within warranty then I hope you can get it sorted pretty easily.