1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUM blown AGU replace?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bp1984, Apr 28, 2012.

1. bp1984

bp1984 New Member

Ive been offered today a 2000 1.8t with engine code AUM but the engines totally shagged, But theres a working 1998 AGU engine at work just sat waiting to be put into something. So just wondered if theres alot that would need changing to make it run ok eg. ECU or pipework or is it a simple drop in and drive off? Any info appreciated cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Short answer no it wont just drop in and drive. Find out what is wrong with the aum engine and swap the components over from the agu. But keep the ko3s turbo from the aum, the agu turbo is pants.

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

drop the AGU in, it'll be fine.

You'#ll just need to run all the sensors and ancillaries from the AUM, but that's no hardship.

You will need to swap over the VVT tensioner and stuff also to keep that working, but again, if you're contemplating an engine swap, I doubt a VVT tensioner is going to phase you....

5. FJ0372

FJ0372 New Member

I actually happen to be in the process of doing the exact same thing. I have a wrecked AUM and can only get hold of an AGU at a decent price. If I run all the sensors and ancillaries from the AUM on the AGU will VCDS not come up with any faults once the change is complete?

Thanks in advance for any replies that are helpful.