1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audrey's Bra

ScottD3 Feb 10, 2012

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

Been toying the idea of getting a Bonnet protection system (Bra) but was never very sure on them.
    Since rs4wannab was breaking his motor and selling the Bra at a reasonable price I thought it.

I never bought it for the Euro look or what ever it is. I bought it for the soul reason of protecting my bonnet from stone chips and that's it.

Here is the pictures. I'm ready for the hate. lol

Bra
    [​IMG]

On the Audrey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just need to work out how to secure it to the car correctly.

2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I can understand why given the collection of pits I've acquired on the front of my car in 3 months, but surely the paint will fade around it.

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

You take it off when you reach your location.
    Well, thats what I'm doing.
    I travel to Bristol allot (bout 130 miles from me) and thats the main reason for it. I also have the 5 hour plus trips to shows this year, a Le-Mans trip and I want to get at least 1 spain/france driving trip in this year.

4. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Fair shout then.

One other thing I'd heard is you can get paint abrasions from them. Do you have to clean the bonnet before you put it on with a wipe or something so as not to grind grit into paintwork.

5. ScottD3

No idea on that mate.
    I know I will be cleaning/wiping down the bonnet before I fit it and try and keep it away from dust, stones and like as much as possible.

6. Veero

Veero Member

Each to their own I guess, but they do make me chuckle when I see them fitted to cars...

7. ScottD3

Looks like Magnum PIs upper lip.

8. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

looks like you ran over batmans washing line!
    yak! :icon_thumright: