AUDIS ARE SO GAY!

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
why the **** does my turbo look like this...
DSC00267.jpg

have not driven it hard... its under boosting, its slow, (almost feels like a n/a) its hesitats badly.

im starting to loose interest in audis very quickly.

WHY??

could be setup wrong, possibly ignition timing? not enough fueling?
or a blocked cat/exhaust

cat is a possibility, would go some way to explain the no boost and lack of performance.

Have you ever had the car missfiring? the unburnt fuel from the missfires ends up burning off inside the cat, and melts its insides.

My dads A4 had a blocked cat at one point and it was VERY slow (think 1.6) but also if you tried to accellerate it just bogged down, you had to very gently feather the throttle to get it moving.

I've got a gutted cat laying here you can have cheap if you want...

Does vagcom tell you anything?

running lean, or not flowing through the CAT,
if it was running rich and unburnt fuel was going through that actuallt cools down the exhaust system from combustion chamber backwards.

get it on VAG com and log the lambda sensor(s), timing and fuelling

there has been no miss firein.

just all of a sudden juddered yesterday after filling up with fuel and its not been right since. :(

Ah mate you really aint having much luck :(

I would say there is something not quite right with the fueling or ignition as it seems your EGT's are way higher than they should be.

Is possible you had a bad tank of fuel. I put £20 in at my local Sainsburys and shortly afterwards my car started to pink, cough and missfire. I limped it about and then filled it to the brim with Shells finest Optimax. Within a few miles things were settling down and by time it came to fill up again the symptoms had gone completely

why the **** does my turbo look like this...

I deleted it!!

have not driven it hard... its under boosting, its slow, (almost feels like a n/a) its hesitats badly.

im starting to loose interest in audis very quickly.

WHY??

Haven't you had issues with a glowing turbo before?? On your old engine? or am I confusing myself?

ye your right!

I'm thinking the cats to blame tbh. as i presume you kept that from the old engine, and the same symptom on both leaves one common part...

ye your right!

I'm thinking the cats to blame tbh. as i presume you kept that from the old engine, and the same symptom on both leaves one common part...

Yep that's where I was going..

Although I think Alpine might be running the injectors off of his old motor too??

yep same cat.. same injectors. ill go and Vag com it in a bit and let you know.

just V com`ed it and theres nothing.

i done a log but its all just numbers. dont think it will make sence to any 1.

a bit pikey, but you could try unbolting the cat from the turbo and seeing if you get any more power, or if it runs any better?

Fuel trim is just a vagcom reading, not sure where it is, but gives you an idea if the ECU is trying to compensate for something.

that will wake the neighbourhood up!! lol i could try it tho. just looked on ebay for a de-cat pipe! £102!! HAVE A LAUGH!

any 1 got 1 they wanna sell? or swap for somthing even? i have most AEb parts up for grabs. Car is skintin us right out Who owns who?

will this ever stop?? is every 1s Audi thing after thing, week after week? im gonna have a near brand new car soon at this rate!

i did say at the start of this post i have a gutted cat that can be purchased for a small fee ;)

Was on my 1.8T until just before the MOT when i swapped it out for a real cat, thinking it had simply packed up. Only once i got it off did i realise it had been gutted by some previous owner!

what price is a small price?? if its gutted could i not just do this to mine?

Tenner plus post or something.

You could do it to your own though. Just take it off, beat the insides out with a big stick and put it back on.

You'll probably need the two gaskets too.

could give it a go mate i suppose. cant do nothing till end of month tho. we skint as f00k!

Cheers aragon

I have gaskets i could add to your package mate. atry slackening the bolts so it blows a bit. If the power is back, its the cat, if its the same but noisier its the fueling

Gut the CAT if you MOT isnt due for ages then its deffo worth a go. Personally id say its a blocked cat so deal with it in the best way.

Now feline creatures, I hate with a passion.

lol! i gotta go to work shortly so cant really get messy till i finished. been busy doing other stuff this morn to look. got tomorrow off so that will be the day! :)

I did roll over a ginger tomcat a couple of moths ago.

I got into my car, and let the handbrake off before I started the engine, for some reason.

I heard this unearthly shriek, got out of the car, and behind the passenger rear wheel was this tomcat.

The car had rolled over him, missed his head; his entrails were bursting out of his backside, eyes, ears, nostrils etc.

He had become a flat-packed cat.

I got into my car, and let the handbrake off before I started the engine, for some reason.

I heard this unearthly shriek, got out of the car, and behind the passenger rear wheel was this tomcat.

The car had rolled over him, missed his head; his entrails were bursting out of his backside, eyes, ears, nostrils etc.

lmfao.. that actually made me spit my drink out with laughter!!

I know.. you didn't start the engine because he would've got away :ninja:

Now come on, Lee.

Why would I do such a thing? :ninja: