Audio upgrade RNS-e to Ima to ipod video interface to Alpine DSP to amp please Review

marcolipe

Reaction score
Hi please take a look at my installation Project and give me your opinions .
Is this setup OK ,?
, the box four the sub do you think its a good Box
The Ima adapter and ipod video interface is already connected since last year
Now its time to audio quality
I have already chose all the material from a Us store except from the Focal speakers they are more cheap here in Europe
All the stuff is already in the shopping cart im just waiting four some reviews from you guys to make sure
Please comment
Thanks
instalaaoaudioaudi.jpg

Looks like a nice solution to me, I would recommend that you protect the drivers in the doors from moisture - there are rain guard products out there, the MDF adapters will also need to be protected by paint or varnish. You also seem to be using a 5 channel amp but only running the fronts - if you aren't going to use the rears you could possibly go active by running the front tweeters from one channel each and the mids from one channel each. Or it may be possible with that amp to bridge and so run 100W each into the fronts.

Paul

Thank you i dident know about "rain guard " Its my firts Install i will now do something about that.

The Amp is a bit under Rated anyway the specs are 75W rms x 4 + 300W rms x 1 our 150 x2 and 300 x1
The Focals are rated 80w Rms and 150 w max im a bit lost here is it ok to fee them 150Rms actually maybe a bit more acording to the PDX5 birth certeficates i have seen out there
Our should i set the amp x4 75Rms
ALpine PDX5 manuals talks about going active with the Tweaters if i dont install rear Speakers but What will be the best four sond Quality X2 150w our x4 75w but active Tweatters
Thank you

Active is usually better and with the Imp processor you will have a decent amount of control, however if it is your first install it is easier to setup a passive bridge install using the supplied crossovers, giving 150W per side.

I've not seen the crossovers with that Focal set but they may have the inputs so that you can bi-amp the fronts but still usethe crossovers.

Paul