Audio Question

jordann

Reaction score
I'm sorry to post this into the 8P section, I wasn't having much luck in the audio section and it's been on my mind all day. I'm also sorry that towards the end I wasn't very descriptive, I could hear my manager walking towards me and had to hide the page.

I've just bought a 5th generation iPod classic to use with my pioneer app radio, which i'm not that impressed with. I've got the cable for my iPhone 5 but i'm fed up of every time I want to use my phone plugged in I have to open the app, leave it on and can't lock my phone. I'm also annoyed that it keeps asking for permission to load different apps, I haven't found a way to set it to auto-accept. Anyway i've bought this iPod classic that I can leave plugged in but still play music without having to use all my battery on bluetooth playback. When the iPod is plugged in the icon appears so it can see the iPod, it's charging but the music doesn't play. I've tried on a Zepplin and the iPod is capable of playing music via the 30pin plug, just not the stero. It's just a constant, very faint, beeping noise. Do I need a similar sort of cable as I have with my iPhone 5 (didn't think you had to with an iPod) or can I just use the USB? The only thing I can think of is that the HDMI is still plugged in, could this affect it at all?

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you