1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Query.......

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by ZYX, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ZYX

ZYX New Member

Hey,

I am wondering is there any way I can connect an external audio device wether it be an iPod or MP3 player to the MMI on my car.
    It's a late 2004 A6 Quattro, 3.0 Tdi, C6.

There are various claims online with several products but I would rather hear from people who know what they are talking about and who have possibly fitted something that works.

Any help appreciated,
    Cheers, Sean.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

Do you have colour or RED screen MMI?? If you have colour then your best option would be Audi AMI, if you have RED screen then Dension Gateway 500. Neither option is cheap unless you find a second hand units, also AMI will require an MMI software update to work.
  3. ZYX

ZYX New Member

It has e red screen MMI.
    Is that my only option ? What sort of money are you talking ?
    Thanks.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

There is a used dension 500 on ebay at the moment current price of £89 new your looking at £250-£300 Kufatec also do the an interface at around £300.

There is another interface on ebay but never used one so cannot comment on them iPod iPhone INTERFACE for AUDI MMI PLUS 2G A4 A5 A6 A8 | eBay
  5. ZYX

ZYX New Member

Cheers man thanks
  6. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Hi, sorry to change the subject, but i have the same MMI with red screen, when i get in the car and turn on it automatically comes on with classic fm, i never listen to this but for some reason comes on when i get in, its not everytime it happens but quite often, does anyone know if i can stop this as its quite annoying.
  7. Chadders

Chadders Member

I've looked into this for a while now and watched a lot of Dension 500's on ebay. They go from around £180 upto about £260 2nd hand new around £300+ it does seem the best way to go though and unfortunately the only way.
  8. ZYX

ZYX New Member

Nice one Chadders. They are a pricey bit of kit alright, don't know if I want one that bad .......
  9. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Hi, does anyone know if I can fit a cd changer in the glove box instead of the single disc player that is in there? Is it a straight swap or is there any different wiring needed?
    Thanks
  10. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

The single CD player IIRC can be changed to a CD changer but the cost of a drive plus component protection will make it uneconomical when compared to a Dension IMO ...
    Chadders likes this.
  11. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Whats the component protection? Also what is Dension? Sorry for the silly question s but I dont know much about these.
  12. Chadders

Chadders Member

Component protection is like a code used by Audi cars to recognise bits of kit it stops you fitting something stolen into your motor and vice verse dealers can remove component protection so you can use a cd changer for instance from another vehicle, someone will no doubt have a better and more accurate ans dension have a look at this
    Hands Free Car Kits | iPod Adapter for Car | Bluetooth Hands Free Kits
  13. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Thanks for that, I know what you mean now. That dension looks good, do you know how much they are roughly? Im on my phone at mo so website wasnt so good, couldnt see a price.
  14. Chadders

Chadders Member

Around £350 ebay between £180 & £260 used
  15. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

You cannot change the single CD to a 6 CD, it's not possible, the single CD is the radio, CD player, screen controller. So it's NOT a swappable item.

What you can do is add a 6 CD changer alongside it effectively giving you 7 CD's

But as mentioned you will have component protection to take off when it has been fitted.

Maybe an easier solution would be a GW500 or GW500s (with Bluetooth) for Ipod/USB/Aux instead.
    gupsterg and Chadders like this.
  16. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

17. pablo

pablo Member

anyone know how much audi charge to fit the AMI kit to an 06 A6 with high mmi 2g?

or where I can get the mmi update discs?

cheers.