Audi USB Interface

Griffin1989

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently changed my car to an A3 which is fitted with the USB interface and I can not manage to play any music through it even though I have been following the instructions in the manual. The unit itself has been replaced by Audi last week so there should not be a fault with the unit.

Do I need to program the memory stick before use? I have tried 3 or 4 memory sticks and 2 ipod's (nano and touch) and cannot get them to work.

Has any one had any success with the usb interface or is it just dated now?

Cheers

Can you explain a little further. Which head unit do you have and how are you trying to access the music files on the usb?

As long as the drives are FAT-32 you shouldn't have a problem. I've got AMI in mine and it has played everything without issue so far.

Not sure if the car needs some VCDS tweaks when components are plugged in but it may be worth taking it back to Audi if it hasn't worked since they installed it...

As long as the drives are FAT-32 you shouldn't have a problem. I've got AMI in mine and it has played everything without issue so far.

Not sure if the car needs some VCDS tweaks when components are plugged in but it may be worth taking it back to Audi if it hasn't worked since they installed it...

Ok. Is FAT-32 a standard sub fitment? I will call Audi to see what they say also as i would have thought they would have tested it

Can you explain a little further. Which head unit do you have and how are you trying to access the music files on the usb?
I have the concert radio. When I turn the head unit on I select radio and insert the usb then after a few seconds I flick to cd both the aux in and cd1-6 and get no sound

No FAT-32 is the format of the memory stick. There is tutorials everywhere if you want to find out what yours is.

Hi it is programmed as fat 32. does all music need to be in folders in the memory stick?

You should be fine with music files in the root folder. If you aren't getting sound for AUX and CD then it may be indicative of an issue with the head unit itself. Try plugging in the USB before you turn the system/ignition on or try a mass storage USB device like a mobile phone. If none of that works then I think going back to Audi is probably your best bet.