Audi UK Guidance Documents to franchise

DowneS4

Reaction score
In support of my on-going issues with my Audi, I wonder if anybody has the dealer guidance that Audi UK gives to their franchisees?
I would like to have a look at the requirements the dealer has to adhere to before selling a Audi Approved car.
I appreciate these may be pretty hard to get hold of...

Many thanks, I've seen that document and another which is more comprehensive and they have been quite useful. Just wondered what the standards and requirements are of a dealer who is selling under the banner of Audi Approved. There must be some code of practice on the preparation of cars etc. My issues are documented here. The garage who have been helping me have been good so far, it's the not knowing that the things I've read on here making me prepare for the worst. I called CAB and all they kept saying was 'look at your terms and conditions', so didn't really help me. Here's my other thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...riving-or-stop-start-traffic-s-tronic.290013/

Audi Approved will only be a check list of 150 or so points that a mechanic/salesman checks before listing a motor for sale.

Guess the positive of audi approved used is the warranty of 1 year if theres a issue. But I would still be doing my own checks prior to buying any used car.

I'm not sure if it helps, but when I bought my S5 last year, since it was the first I had bought from a UK Audi dealer (my B5 S4 was a personal import), I asked questions about exactly how the 3 year warranty is provided and what the impact of using an independent tech for servicing would be. Ignoring the answer about servicing, it was confirmed that the first 2 years warranty is provided by Audi the manufacturer (i.e. VAG) because this is the minimum required under EU rules, but the 3rd year is provided by the selling dealer. I assume that extended warranty, although sold by an Audi dealer, is effectively provided by 3rd party insurance (even if said 3rd party is part of VAG). I assume from this that in the first 2 years there may be benefit in going straight to Audi UK in the case of a warranty dispute, but after that it may not help because it is the dealer you need to convince.

Having re-read your other thread I'm not sure who you are currently dealing with. Is it the original dealer that you bought the car from or another one? If another one they I'd advise that you are wasting your time. The T&Cs are clear (p7 in the reference given above, "Servicing requirements for your Audi"). However you do have a case for complaining to the selling dealer. Although "caveat emptor" is often quoted, in the case of an Audi franchise dealer it is reasonable for a buyer to consider that if a car is sold with warranty then there should be nothing about the car which would invalidate that warranty, otherwise it is a case of misrepresentation. Of course to get redress you may need to take the legal route...

It's the same nationwide company luckily, otherwise it'd be a bit of a drive. Can't fault the local garage, though I suppose they'll be the ones making the profit. I think between them both, because they obviously know each other reasonably well, they are trying their hardest for a warranty claim. I've written everything down which is helping me remember things, like for example the salesman showing me that the service meter had been reset to 501 days, however it's clear from the book and the subsequent failure that no service happened.

For all intents and purposes, I was led to believe that the car was fully serviced in accordance with Audi, which is why I bought used approved. Learnt my lesson though

Dippy quote:- I'm not sure if it helps, but when I bought my S5 last year, since it was the first I had bought from a UK Audi dealer (my B5 S4 was a personal import).

Out of interest who did you import from - Intercar for example, or Shipside etc etc? (sorry of off topic question)

@rum4mo - I used an agent in the Netherlands who put me in touch with a dealer in Germany. At the time I saved a fair amount due to the exchange rate and UK/Germany price difference but I don't think it's the same now.

Dippy, yes not much activity in personal importing nowadays it seems, in August 1999 I placed an order for a VW Passat 4Motion with lots of options, VW dragged their heels as they were doing at that time, delivery was end of May 2000! Paid in DMs grabbed at a good rate - all in all including travelling and fuel and VAT for under £20 for a car that VW UK could have supplied me with for £26K. Imported a VW Polo with lots of options via a VW dealer in Baan NL in 2002, 4 or 5 month delivery time, not so cheap, as paid in Euros, though they were again bought at a good time and held in a foreign currency account, that one cost £12.5K for a car that VW UK would be asking £14.5 for. Maybe there could still be good savings for anyone keen to do all the work themselves, ie deal direct with "foreign" main dealers - well until Brexit removes that loop hole?