1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi UK cant sell an extended warranty at the moment !

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Pmcgeorge, Jun 2, 2005.

1. imported_Pmcgeorge

imported_Pmcgeorge Guest

[Jun 2, 2005]
    Apologies if this is old news but I had heard a rumour but had it confirmed today.

While booking in my A3 for the rear wiper fault today , I asked my local stealers about extending the warranty which is due to expire in July.

I got the reply we dont deal with them , you have to phone Audi UK.
    I didnt but instead rang Audi in Bolton where I got the car, they explained that due to the new FSA rules regarding warranties which were introduced in January Audi cannot sell warranties at the moment.

The FSA have refused to grant VAG the licence to sell them, he couldnt tell me exactly why ?
    At the moment Audi Uk are taking details of people enquiring about warranties and will contact them when it is sorted.

So if you are coming to the end of your warranty contact Audi with your details, if the car becomes faulty in the period you are waiting for a resolution than apparently Audi will look at it in a "favourable" light ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Jun 2, 2005]
    Yeah my mate was looking at a MK4 GTI golf and got told the same. I think its to do with the whole 'conditions' thing like have to use genuine parts and dealers etc.
  4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jun 2, 2005]
    this story was in sunday times this or last week.
  5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Jun 2, 2005]
    This has been around for a long time, some monkey in the press must have just caught on, I enquired about this four months ago, think it's been like it sinse Jan or something like that!

I think they'd probably get out of most claims anyway!
  6. davidhodgkinson

davidhodgkinson Member

[Jun 3, 2005]
    I got that as well, but my local stealers contacted audi warranty uk, and they have extended mine FOC until the new warranty's are available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif