Audi TT Xreg Audi Concert Bose Head Unit Replacement

Chris Macken

Reaction score
Hi...

I need to replace the Audi TT Concert Head Unit with something a little more recent :)

So i have a few questions;

• I take it i will need some sort of wiring converter. Doesnt seem that Audi use the standard conncetors. Can anyone point me in the direction of the appropriate adpater on ebay please?
  • I have a BOSE system. Is the amplifier for the BOSE system seperate from the Audi Concert Head Unit? If i switch to an after market stereo will i lose the BOSE - or does the adapter above take the BOSE into consideration?
  • I presume if the new head unit is a digital receiver, i will need a new ariel?
  • Is there anything else i havent considered?

Found this on another site...

Hi mate, i managed to get hold of a pc9-410 leads from halfords for £25 so im just sending the other one back!
I fitted the same stereo to my girlfriends roadster last week, and even ordered all the leads from the same place but for some reason they were different
yabb_undecided.gif

I fitted the Pioneer DEH 6200BT system. Basically Sony, Alpine, Pioneer, etc will all need the same kit (for Bose systems)

You will need:

1 x PC5-52 Aerial booster
1 x PC9-410 Bose wiring harness
1 x FP-05-04 Stereo Fascia adapter
1 x PC5-93 TT stereo removal keys
1 x Maplins shark ground loop isolator (2 if you have a roadster)

This is what i did and is by no way a pro installation
yabb_laugh.gif

First thing i did was change the yellow wire from the PC9-410 and connect it to the red wire. This is to give the stereo power.
You can feed a wire from the fusebox to do the job properly, but with my limited skill i just did it the easy way
icon_redface.gif

Next i connected the rca leads from the Ground loop isolator to the stereo (to the front if the stereo has 2 or more sets of rca's), then connect the other end (front L/R) to the PC9-410 rca's
Connect the PC5-52 Aerial booster wire to the stereo. I needed to buy an aerial adaptor for this, but most stereos come with one.
Connect the other end of the PC5-52 to the existing aerial in the dash.
Now the most important bit!
You need power to the Bose amp, which is the blue wire on the PC9-410 harness. I connected this to the blue/white wire on the stereo which is labelled system remote. I also connected the blue wire from the PC5-52 aerial adaptor to the same blue/white wire.
I then connected the PC9-410 harnesses to the dash harnesses to checked everything worked ok before fitting properly.