Audi TT-S engine cover and intake on a S3?

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
So after reading the REVO stg2 thread, i was quite intrigued by the possibility of fitting a TT-S intake and engine cover. Has anybody tried this yet?

10_ttsaudi.jpg

tts080015_medium.jpg

I doubt the parts are available yet are they?

Also I would have thought the final TT-s engine cover will have an S on it just like all the other S models do.

There is an engine cover for the 2.0ltr 147/195/199KW engines

Part number is 06F 103 925 H and it is listed as "cover for intake manifold - Audi TFSI". No mention of an S variant, but the TT-S has the 199KW engine. The graphic doesn't look the same as the one in the photo though.

I'm running the latest version of ETKA which has the TT-S emblem for the steering wheel so the TT-S parts are listed. No separate part is listed for the TT-S engine cover.

The engine cover is the intake system on most of the TFSI cars, although the TTS has a separate intake and engine cover

If this is a new thing for the TT-S then it should have separate numbers.

Thanks Marc...will give that part number a try. Only thing that concerns me is that you say that ETKAs pic doesn't resemble the TT-S cover. Does it look like the normal S3 cover then?

No S emblem on the TTS engine cover and I think I commented on here the extra large intake may be where the additional 8/9 bhp has come from, not sure it would fit under the hood of an S3 as the battery is in the boot on the TT so a little more room under the bonnet, I was a little underwhelmed with the appearance of the engine but having said that this is not unusual with Audi, a litle more Red paint please ....

Think that engine cover is just a pic of the old one they might think is on the new one, I was under the impression and am sure I have seen a pic where it is the same cover as the TTS?

Think it's from the press pack as I've seen the same shot in a few mags.
Good chance it is the old one if that's the case :shrug:

It would be good to know,as i'll be looking for one. I'd prefer the OEM to aftermarket,although the price might sway me!

I think I commented on here the extra large intake may be where the additional 8/9 bhp has come from,

I think the extra bhp has come from a different map. The air intake would not add that much bhp.

I think the extra bhp has come from a different map. The air intake would not add that much bhp.

If you go aftermarket say, Forge intake you are looking at a 10kw gain bam! The intake system on the TT-S does looks alot less restrictive than the stock S3 intake though....

10KW???!!! I'm a bit sceptical. Again. But I'm not going to argue about it.

The TT-S engine cover itself fits,but you have to remove the battery to the trunk of the S3 if you will use the intake parts.Then you have to use TT wirings to the trunk for the battery.

A lot of work:readit:

10KW???!!! I'm a bit sceptical. Again. But I'm not going to argue about it.

Saw this gain immediately with my S3. We dyno'd the car and she made exactly 193 kw ATW with software only. We removed the stock intake and fitted the Forge intake and then slapped her back on the dyno...203kw ATW. You will be surprised as to how restrictive the stock intake is....