Audi tt mk1 advice

chukkieegg

Reaction score
Hi all just bought a mk1 180 tt today always wanted one and this was at a price i could afford after having several other audi's before.
Anyway car appears to be standard but i can hear the dumpvalve i dont have vag com but do have a code reader and get error 17705 any ideas what needs replacing.
Secondly its fitted with aftermarket stereo is it possible to get the orginal?
Thanks for any responce
Regards chukkieegg

Hi all just bought a mk1 180 tt today always wanted one and this was at a price i could afford after having several other audi's before.
Anyway car appears to be standard but i can hear the dumpvalve i dont have vag com but do have a code reader and get error 17705 any ideas what needs replacing.
Secondly its fitted with aftermarket stereo is it possible to get the orginal?
Thanks for any responce
Regards chukkieegg

My daughter has just bought a 2004 TT with the original Bose radio. So I've just joined the forum, and seen your post. She's looking to upgrade to something with Bluetooth. I've yet to see how readily this can have an adapter driving it as if it was a mobile phone in a phone cradle in days of yore... or whether she'll want to change it altogether. The sound quality of the Bose is excellent, so it seems a shame to rip it out.... I may well be back to you. Best rgds Jim_E

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17705/P1297/004759
If you can hear the dump valve working quite loudly then somebody may have changed the OE valve to one that vents to atmosphere. This is not how the car is set up, the OE valve recirculates air back into the intake not to atmosphere. Check that a different valve hasn't been fitted and that all the pipes look to be connected .
OE stereo install is fairly straightforward as long as the person installing the new one hasn't butchered the wiring. Just make sure you get the code with the new radio as it will probably cost you more than the radio to find out what the code is.

An air filter can also make the "dump valve" type of sound too. Even the standard style after market filter could do it especially if the airbox has been drilled or modified. Its a popular modification on the tt forum. Also there is forge diverter valves. And splitter valves which will give off a dump sound.

If all parts are standard be checking for a faulty hose or oem diverter valve issue

Reactions: Zman6000