Audi TT APR chipped ecu...into S3? will it work?

Chlippo

Reaction score
i think the title says everything but here are the details:

Audi tt owner has sold his modded car. Before doing it he removed all the mods that he have done to it so it was back to stock.
One of the interresting things he removed is his ecu with APR maps that you can switch between by using the cruise control button.
If i buy this 2001 audi tt ecu and install it on my 2001 AMK engine S3, will it work?
I suppose yes. but the other thing in my mind is that the tt is a us spec and my S3 is euro spec....anything wrong here?

The TT I believe ran the BAM engine code, whilst almost identical there maybe enough of a difference to affect things. Have you tried a Google search to see if it brings up any results for people trying this type of thing on audi's before?

The TT I believe ran the BAM engine code, whilst almost identical there maybe enough of a difference to affect things. Have you tried a Google search to see if it brings up any results for people trying this type of thing on audi's before?

Absolutely - will need recoding at the VERY least.

And you will have immo problems too. Not sure if the US car is so equiped and if it is, whether its as advanced as the S3 as early Audis had no immos fitted in the US

Absolutely - will need recoding at the VERY least.

And you will have immo problems too. Not sure if the US car is so equiped and if it is, whether its as advanced as the S3 as early Audis had no immos fitted in the US

All in all, I'd say that's a no.....

I would love to map it myself.
Im not new to mapping...i already have some experience mapping evo's and my turbocharged 300E benz.
but i dont seem to find the right tool to do it! if you know any point it to me.
i could also use a lot of professional help from evo tuners...i know it is not the same but i will be a lot of help
tools tools tools

I dont think octane matter will be a role player in this case...it will just affects how the car will run.
The octane matter has been discussed in a Mercedes forum a while ago (when i was working on my turbocharged 300E) and the final results after calculcation of rons and many other factors was that the difference isnt really noticeable on every day used cars (which includes S3, M3, VW GTI...) but it will affect high tuned cars like 500 bhp evos, and Nissan;s GTR and stuff like that.
This was a conclusion made by a group of mercedes tuners and other car tuners accross the world, none was my personal experience.