1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi transplants facelift onto pre-facelift

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Arrkon, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Arrkon

Arrkon Midlands regional Moderator

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what external parts can be directly transplanted onto my 8L? (Ie: headlights/tail lights, bumpers etc...)

also, will an S3 exhaust fit straight onto my 8L 1.8? (thinking cat back...)

cheers.
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Non of it!
  3. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

dust caps
  4. Arrkon

Fook... sorry my mistake.... thought the facelift 8L was designated the 8P.

I meant the facelift 8L... sorry for the confusion...
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Well in that case, what exactly are you trying to do? From your first post, I'm guessing you have an early 1.8 20v n/a(non turbo). The Exhaust is 100% won't fit, as you don't have a turbo for a start, and because an S3 has quattro, the rear suspension is totally different.
  6. 1animal1

then the question is quite large....pre and post FL are by and large the same car.... main diffs are the one piece front lights which you can make fit a prefacelift, then its loads of subtle things....bar the engine of course, i wouldnt worry about that though as both map up the same
  7. Arrkon

all im trying to achieve is to "spruce" her up... lights are faded and looking dated (plus like the look of the facelift ones) guess im really just trying to make the audi look a little newer. As for the exhaust, fancy something poking out the rear apron, pref a twin.

Interior wise: I'd love to fit a double DIN head unit. Did the 8L Facelift ever come with a double din headunit (so i can use the centre from that) or do i have to make one from Fibreglas?

cheers
  8. 1animal1

rear lights are a direct replace, fronts you will need to do a slight cut on the inside lips of the wings (do a search for instructions)......yes there is a double DIN console for use with Audi double DIN units..... you ideally need to find someone to swap with though as you will need a new climate unit (assuming you have climate) along wqith the whole of the centre console which by all accounts is a bitch to change.....

what have you got exactly, A3 or S3 and what year/model
  9. Arrkon

yep, just found the headlight mod...

yes i have climate, but when you say about finding someone to "swap" the console with? could i not rob the centre console and constituent parts from a scrapper or similar? what parts are actually needed?

car is a '97 A3
  10. Arrkon

any reccomendations?
  11. leshkin

leshkin Speeding in reverse gear

Before you go down the route of getting a double-din HU fitted, know that you will either have to fabricate a facia adapter yourself, or have someone do it for you. I have not found any adapters for this and had to cut an A4 facia to make my stereo fit.
  12. felga

felga New Member

Hi
    I`m trying to find solution , facelift climate controll in pre-facelift car (98), I Already have double din sat nav radio, modified cage and a4 facscia trim and loom but cannot make the climate unit to start in. I accualy have 2 of those now :/

Andrew
  13. coyle

coyle From Show... to GO

could someone point me in the direction of the facelift headlight conversion thread.. cheers