Audi tools for filter change

Wilkinson

Geordie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My car which is a 2006 2.0 tfsi is shortly out of warranty and in future I'll be doing my own servicing.
Looking at Elsawin it seems that to do an oil and filter change properly I need

a) Oil filter tool 3417 which is a wrench to fit on the end of the canister (although a 36 mm socket will apparently do the job) and

b)an oil drain adapter T 40057 which allows you to drain the oil from the filter housing before undoing the canister which stops oil spilling onto engine components.

Does anyone know where you can obtain these from in the UK? (can't find a supplier via a UK websearch).
Can you buy them from Audi?
There are some suppliers in the US but I don't want to order from the USA if I can get them here.
Thanks for helping if you can.

Just use a hammer and a flat head screw driver

Press the screw driver against the notches on the oil filter cap and lightly hammer it

Easy job and saves you buying a new tool (Y)

you can also use the screw driver to just push in the filter drain plug and let it drain that way so you wont need the filter drain tool its a pos anyways

Hi PW- Motorsport,
Thanks for that. One on order. Just need oil drain adaptor T 40057 now.

The bleed tools are about £40.00 IMHO a complete and utter waste of money!! Come around to mine and I'll change the filter for £10.00 for you that way you save £30.00....Or read this, stick a screw driver and push the valve to one side (as all audi techs do!!) let it drain and then push it again to click it back into position. Taht way it won't cost you a penny....

http://homepage.mac.com/cvervais/gli/20tOilChange.pdf

regards
dave

Thanks Guys for your help. Have been doing own servicing for 50 years (yes 50 years !! - I'm an old timer !!) but this is the first oil and filter change on an Audi. (First car was a Standard Eight.) Looks straightforward and Elsawin and the link make it dead easy.
Thanks again.