Audi Stoke - a joke.

Mikey

Reaction score
Ordered my new A3 from Stoke Audi 9th November 2006. Was told delivery for the car would be 10-12 weeks max. I was also told that i would be given regular phone calls to keep me updated on things. Heard nothing from them at all, so 1 week before crimbo i rang them up, salesman will ring me back, never did. 7 times i had to call. In the end i got so pee'd off i said i want to speak to someone who will give me an answer on when my car will be built or ready for collection. A lady kept me on hold for about 10 mintues and said my car has a build date of week 2 2007, and that the car will be with them appx 2 weeks after this. Great i thought, its about 12 weeks then. So anyway, thought id give them another call this week to see if they expect a delivery date yet. I called yesterday morning and was told that the salesman i bought the car from has left the company. Called them 3 times yesterday, each time i was promised a phone call right back, never happened untill 7pm last night and to my shock i was told the BUILD date is week 6!!!!!!!!!! Told the geezer to re-check this as before crimbo i was told week 2. I was promised a phone call back bang on 9am today, have i heard anything.....no! The only time the dealer has contacted me off their own back since the sale of the car was from their finance dept to see if i wanted to take out finance with them, cheek. I am about to ring them AGAIN and go off my trolly. Ive just spent over TWENTY THOUSAND POUNDS with them and they cant give me a phone call? If i dont get anywhere i will demand to speak to the dealers manager, if no luck with that i will see what AUDI UK have to say. I thought SEAT/VW dealers were bad, ive not even got my audi yet and im not happy with the service.

I've not had anyhing to do with any main stealers as yet but by anyones standards those guys are seriously taking the ****. I'd get in touch with Audi UK anyway though mate cos until these guys get pulled up for this they'll continue doing it to others, and you never know you may get a free service or something out of it.
Seems like once they took your money they felt their job was done.

Thats not good. Its amazing how much difference there can be between dealers. The dealer in Bath are excellent at contact, always call back when they say, reply to e-mails quickly etc. Can't fault them! I don't think it matters which brand of car it is, I think finding a good dealer is just down to luck. I was lucky to have a good dealer (SEAT) last time, and my car before than (Vauxhall), though the first dealer I used was shocking and just not intrested in the customer. Hope you get things sorted and get your car soon.

anyone got a phone number for audi uk? i rung the dealer up again because my promised 9am phone call (last night) never came, they said this morning they would ring me right away (i rung about 40 mins ago). Its a joke this. Time to get AUDI uk to do somthing about it.

hi sorry to hear your probs...

Lancaster Audi were great where i got my A3 from.... always called me back and kept me informed

Also gave me some freebies when i collected the car, rear carpets mats,full tank fuel, Cleaning Kit and bottle of champers....

ok stop rubbing it in!!! lol

ive spoke to a customer service manager at AUDI uk who is going to ring the delaer and call me back this arvo. lets see what happens.

Fingers crossed mate.
I noticed all the kind people telling you how good their customer service had been though, just what you wanted to hear eh??
But its good to know not all stealers are equal I guess.

My experience with main dealers is that they are all rubbish, its just differing degrees of rubbish. It seems to me that (and this applies to VAG brands more than most) the brand speaks for itself so they do not need to do anything because we have all "bought into the brand". Which I suppose we have.

The worst experience I have ever had is with a VW dealer in Bath who refused to admit there was a fault with my car because it was a VW! 13 months later and after weekly weekend visits to annoy them, they finally admitted there was a fault with engine numbers starting with ADY (because a memo had been sent from head office) and it would now be resolved under warranty. Up until this point they said it was a "characteristic of the car". This seems to be the thin veil they hide behind more and more.

I have to say, Audi dealers seem to be little better, and I have to travel 30 miles to use the least bad local dealers. As soon as my warranty is out I’m off to AMD or MRC.

Good luck Mikey I fear you might need it.
:banghead:

That's pretty bad - hope you get it sorted soon.

I had a really good experience when I ordered my A3 from Audi but my bro-in-law has just found out that his order (from the same dealer) was never actually put through! He had been given a rough delivery date of early Jan and it wasn't until last week when he called to chase it up that he found out! :banghead:

missm said:
That's pretty bad - hope you get it sorted soon.

I had a really good experience when I ordered my A3 from Audi but my bro-in-law has just found out that his order (from the same dealer) was never actually put through! He had been given a rough delivery date of early Jan and it wasn't until last week when he called to chase it up that he found out! :banghead:

this crossed my mind, and i strongly feel this is whats happened with mine, and the dealer is feeding me bull. If this is the case i want my deposit back and im placing my order elsewhere.

cliveywolves said:
Lancaster Audi were great where i got my A3 from.... always called me back and kept me informed
Which Lancaster dealer was that? I got my A3 from the one in Liverpool and they were astonishingly useless - I travelled from Luton to Liverpool to look at the car and it was in their lock-up that they didn't have access to. Yeah, thanks guys for wasting my time :keule:

batwad said:
Which Lancaster dealer was that? I got my A3 from the one in Liverpool and they were astonishingly useless - I travelled from Luton to Liverpool to look at the car and it was in their lock-up that they didn't have access to. Yeah, thanks guys for wasting my time :keule:

Lancaster Audi Manchester .... Great guy..... Scott

Mikey said:
this crossed my mind, and i strongly feel this is whats happened with mine, and the dealer is feeding me bull. If this is the case i want my deposit back and im placing my order elsewhere.

If this is the case then you're likely to get more money off if you stick with the same dealer and get them to sort it out. In my bro-in-law's case, the dealer has found an identical new car (actually minus folding door mirrors) from another dealer and gave them an extra £1500 off an already good deal.

Good luck :icon_thumright:

cliveywolves said:
hi sorry to hear your probs...

Also gave me some freebies when i collected the car, rear carpets mats,full tank fuel, Cleaning Kit and bottle of champers....

Lancaster Audi Manchester Brilliant. As above, still got the champers.
Mike, After talking yesterday things seem to have got worse, hope it all works out for you mate, if not get your deposit back and give Neil Haddock a call at above dealer he was great with me. Good luck mate.

OK - Stoke Audi have just called me (priase the lord they can use a phone). They are telling me now build date IS this week. But they wont know for another 10 days when they expect it to arrive with them. He hazards a guess at it arriving with them mid feb. He promised (yeah right) to call me as soon as he gets the word from factory about when my car is due to hit the UK. I was thinking.....will it be worthwhile i wait till march 1st (due to 07 plate) even though im having them put my private plate on?

Mikey said:
I was thinking.....will it be worthwhile i wait till march 1st (due to 07 plate) even though im having them put my private plate on?

I`d wait if I were you.

so id be right in saying that even though im having Audi put my private plate on, it would be worthwile waiting till march because when i come to sell the car it will be on a 07 plate?

My new car is due early or mid February and my salesman reckons it will make around £750 difference if I wait and have it registered for 1st March so that it would be on an 07 plate. Again mine will never actually be allocated a plate until I trade in it because my personal plate will go straight onto the new car from retention. Which reminds me, I must send off soon to put my plate on retention.

Hunts, the lot of them.

Although usualy they are very good at taking money off you, the problem is when there is a problem. They would do well investing in some central induction and training across the brand as apose to letting the stealers work to guidelines around customer care as they really are lax

No complaints with my dealer's customer care, either when purchasing or dealing with any problems. Not all dealers are the same. Obviously some good and some not so good. A bit the forum members' spelling !

Blah, Blah, Blah, my dealer is the best, Blah, Blah, 26th Audi A3 I have owned, Blah, Blah, I love audi - have you heard the term 'fan boy'?

Yes I'm an Audi fan. Audi have provided me with 9 very good cars each of which I have been very pleased with. Volkswagen also provided me with 5 cars, all of which have been fine. Why should I not be an Audi fan?

As for dealers, I've no idea if my dealer is the best. All I know is that they provide the high level of customer care that I expect, which is more than I can say for some of the dealers used by colleagues with other makers of car.

d3fy said:
Hunts, the lot of them.

Although usualy they are very good at taking money off you, the problem is when there is a problem. They would do well investing in some central induction and training across the brand as apose to letting the stealers work to guidelines around customer care as they really are lax

You've had issues with them then? Or issues with someone judging by your other post.

I wouldn't let my local dealership anywhere near my car, but whenever I've been down lately there's an obvious difference compared to how things used to be. They know how bad they are, but it's nice to see at least some of them are trying to get better.

I wouldn't let my local dealership anywhere near my car, .[/quote]

I would'nt let my local dealer anywhere near my mountain bike let alone my car as they are the pits in every way. A friend of mine who works for them even advised me to go elswhere, but I deal with two other dealers who are fine. So I think it is just the luck of the draw.