1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Stealer Pricing

f13ldy May 22, 2005

1. f13ldy

f13ldy New Member

This will probably come as no surprise to people here, but I've just realised that for exactly the same part I've been paying around 20% more at an Audi stealer compared to a VW one. The similarity between the MkIV and the A3 mean that you can easily compare.

Audi want £99.85 for an amplified bee-sting aerial base, VW charge £59.75 for exactly the same part. An engine support arm (dogbone support) is around £50 at Audi, but only £37 at VW. The item codes again are identical.

Next time the car is in for a service I'll ask them to buy the parts from Citygate VW across the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlos

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Well you are paying for the badge, i wonder what the same part would be from the seat or skoda branch.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

3. hopper

hopper Member

yeah i discovered this wen i did me cambelt, would of been about £25 cheaper from vw for all the parts.

you learn from your mistakes but audi must make a killing on the bits

4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

That is an interesting prospect. My main dealer is still a VW and Audi dealership and the parts dept serves both. Shortly the Audi part will be moving to its own premises and I wonder if the parts prices will rise?

5. ritmark

ritmark Member

Dont get me started about the stealers