1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Stealer Pricing

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by f13ldy, May 22, 2005.

1. f13ldy

f13ldy New Member

[May 22, 2005]
    This will probably come as no surprise to people here, but I've just realised that for exactly the same part I've been paying around 20% more at an Audi stealer compared to a VW one. The similarity between the MkIV and the A3 mean that you can easily compare.

Audi want £99.85 for an amplified bee-sting aerial base, VW charge £59.75 for exactly the same part. An engine support arm (dogbone support) is around £50 at Audi, but only £37 at VW. The item codes again are identical.

Next time the car is in for a service I'll ask them to buy the parts from Citygate VW across the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlos
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 22, 2005]
    Well you are paying for the badge, i wonder what the same part would be from the seat or skoda branch.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. hopper

hopper Member

[May 22, 2005]
    yeah i discovered this wen i did me cambelt, would of been about £25 cheaper from vw for all the parts.

you learn from your mistakes but audi must make a killing on the bits
  5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[May 22, 2005]
    That is an interesting prospect. My main dealer is still a VW and Audi dealership and the parts dept serves both. Shortly the Audi part will be moving to its own premises and I wonder if the parts prices will rise?
  6. ritmark

ritmark Member

[May 24, 2005]
    Dont get me started about the stealers