1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Sportback 3 Spoke Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chrisdavies00, Dec 11, 2004.

1. chrisdavies00

chrisdavies00 New Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    Hi Guys,

Just got my A3 Sportback 2.0TDI Sport ordered (Ebony black, 16 spoke 17", Symphony + Bose, Armrest) however, just one thing I'd like to know...

From some pictures I've seen the 3 spoke leather steering wheel has perforations in the leather on either side, where your hands grip. However in a few pictures I've seen it appears that the leather is totally smooth as on the regular 4 spoke wheel.
    (I have not opted for the steering wheel with mounted controls)

Do ALL A3 Sportbacks 3 spoke steering wheels come with the perforated grip leather?

(Many thanks for your help guys...) Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    my sports sportback has the perforation but only on sides of wheel not top/bottom
  4. chrisdavies00

chrisdavies00 New Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    I take it your's isn't an SLine then Treble? So, now I'm not sure now whether it's just an S-Line thing, or across the whole range of 'Sport' Sportbacks ??? Anyone else have input on their cars please?
  5. cdb2

cdb2 Member

[Dec 11, 2004]
    The Sport Sportbacks I've seen at a local dealership recently had part perforated leather wheels.
  6. imported_RedSportback

imported_RedSportback Guest

[Dec 12, 2004]
    Mine has the perforations on the 3 spoke wheel
  7. garykf

garykf New Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    Picked mine up last week, 2.0TDI Sport, DSG, Leather, 16spoke wheels, and it came with the perforated leather as standard. Nice feel to the steering wheel.
  8. chrisdavies00

chrisdavies00 New Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    Thanks guys for your feedback, seems like mine should come with the perforated steering wheel. YIPPEEEEEEE Chris....