Audi-sport RR day - 22nd November at AMD - result!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hehe, you and the upside down goldfish !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif think the goldfish is probably dead now!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hehe, you and the upside down goldfish !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he he he, the goldfish was very funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif especially when it swam upside down and accidently went into the pipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said: it's a bit disapointing when you spend alot of time organising a day to see the results posted on other sites and not on the one who took the time to organise it!

[/ QUOTE ]
John
You want to look at your site and availability times before you jump to conclusions. I tried many times to post the graphs on here but for one reason or another the site wasn't available. I find that this site is very slow on a regular basis and on occasions will be totally unavailable.

I enjoyed the day at AMD and have thanked you and the guys in a previous post. Just because I don't post with gremlins and one line comments. doesn't mean that I am not a regular visitor. I will only post if I feel I have a valid contribution. I'm sorry that you feel that I am not a "genuine member". I have been a member on this site (and the old one) for a long time, which I would like to think I have a certain alliance to this site. I appoligise for being able to post my graphs elsewhere before being able to on this site and no mallice is/was intended by my actions.

Mick

I don't think that's what he meant; the site has been a bit flakey performance-wise recently and we understand that makes it difficult.

It was just a bit weird to see people discussing the Audi-Sport-organised RR session on another forum - you can understand that it looks a bit dodgy?

And for those who feel that there has been unnecessary slagging off of the banned user who turned up on the day, they might want to be aware that this same user was speaking to John's employers trying to get him sacked.....

And also for reference, the AmD guys on the rollers (Mark and Scott most of the time) did not know which cars had which modifications when they put them on the Rollers.

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
I don't think that's what he meant; the site has been a bit flakey performance-wise recently and we understand that makes it difficult.

It was just a bit weird to see people discussing the Audi-Sport-organised RR session on another forum - you can understand that it looks a bit dodgy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that directed at me then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I also experienced the problems with the site being down when wanting to post but I dont see why we cant discuss the day on our other forum, a few of our members are AS members and do post here too.

Please clarify as if there is any injustices being assumed it should be clear so we arnt jumping to conclusions.

i too been having trouble to get on here last few days. just took me approx 45 mins to get onto the site.

its sadly intermittant. you never know when your get on or when you wont.

have posted in the general forum to the effect.

must have missed it then!

I was there from about 8am till well after everyone had left for BK chatting to scott and never saw or heard a thing.

had it not been brought up on here, i wouldnt have known.

still was a excellent day.

Back to the RR, im curious (maybe i missing something obvious) but as a few have mentioned.....

how come there was such a difference in % power loss across the various cars?

ie just taking the S3 as an example. Same size wheels, same gearbox, same 4x4 running gear. (even same remap in some cases)

one would expect the same or very close(allowing for tyre type) % loss ??

It was the nob called golfttish, he went round speaking to all the amd staff saying they should sack me cause I'm 'no good'.
Then he rubbished all the rolling road runs to quite a few people and proceeded to go up the road in his car with a few people saying to them all you should get a revo chip like mine cause amd are crap, nice to see revo haven't changed there sales tactics!
We all know he got some freebies from Revo and effectively works the forums for them indirectly, shame they couldn't let audi-sport.net have a day without them wanting to cause trouble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
must have missed it then!

I was there from about 8am till well after everyone had left for BK chatting to scott and never saw or heard a thing.

had it not been brought up on here, i wouldnt have known.

still was a excellent day.

Back to the RR, im curious (maybe i missing something obvious) but as a few have mentioned.....

how come there was such a difference in % power loss across the various cars?

ie just taking the S3 as an example. Same size wheels, same gearbox, same 4x4 running gear. (even same remap in some cases)

one would expect the same or very close(allowing for tyre type) % loss ??

[/ QUOTE ]

the one that had a huge difference had a haldex controller on switched to 50/50 I believe?
One of the reasons Audi chose the haldex system was because of it's ability to divert power to virtually one axle which reduces drivetrain losses and improves fuel economy if I'm not correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad i missed it then.

so any idea on the power losses mentioned above?

ps loved the big turbo'd TT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif "what big turbo? where?" nice install.

missed that post while i typed mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

not reffering to the haldex controller in S3Mon's (wicked in the wet BTW! )

more so Simont and Duncs3 ? ie same wheels, same size rims, same gearbox , same cars, same maps, same settings on maps.

i cant remember the losses off the top of my head, but there was a considerable difference?

im sure they will be along sooner or later ...

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
No All credit to Wak as at least he said it was an audi-Sport.net organised event and did a very cool write up. AmD did not organise this, this was a club event!
I'm just annoyed as there were a few members from here who I couldn't squeeze on who don't roam all the forums!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok cool, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wando, I put mine on for fun and checking out benefits from the fixed issues and cooler temps.

With my longish history with AmD I'd have had no problems giving up my slot if you needed buddy just had to ask.

I think your approach for the next one is probably fair.

My power loss was 37% - I think Dunc's were around 50% but he is in Germany now so he can hopefully confirm later this week.

puzzling why there are differences here. I thought generally that 4 wheel drive system loss was around 27%.

Also, why did the intake temp not exceed 28 degrees C ?

[ QUOTE ]
simont said:
Also, why did the intake temp not exceed 28 degrees C ?

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, intake temperature more accurately refers to ambient temp at the intake outside the car (as a probe is not inserted into the actual intake system, nor is the cars interpretation of intake temp taken off the diagnostics)

[ QUOTE ]
Wak said:
[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
No All credit to Wak as at least he said it was an audi-Sport.net organised event and did a very cool write up. AmD did not organise this, this was a club event!
I'm just annoyed as there were a few members from here who I couldn't squeeze on who don't roam all the forums!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok cool, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wando, I put mine on for fun and checking out benefits from the fixed issues and cooler temps.

With my longish history with AmD I'd have had no problems giving up my slot if you needed buddy just had to ask.

I think your approach for the next one is probably fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you came mate, it was worth it just for the light show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wak, those lights were something else!! Bet the local constabulary has words with you late at night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i know im a bit late with this post but cheers to John, Jo and AMD for a wicked day. Am really disappointed i didnt make it to the evening, i came over a bit rough and had to go home. only just come back to work today (My mate enjoyed driving my car home though).

The rugby coverage was excellant John, and you worked like a demon to keep everyone happy. It was great to meet a group of like minded and easy going people. I learnt quite a bit and also booked my TS in for a Remap and turbo inlet pipe in January :d

The drive up from south mimms was a good crack, must of scared the residents of aylesbury. A convoy of 12 Audis at 9am. wot a sight!!
The only bad point was the weather, but even that didnt put a dampner on the atmosphere.

A big thanks once again.

Adam

i am about to look at some pics of the car park that i took, not too sure how they have come out yet, will post them up if they are any good.

Looks like you all had a good day despite the Weather. Shame I missed it - and GolfTitt.
Next time eh?

[ QUOTE ]
MarkFore said:
Looks like you all had a good day despite the Weather. Shame I missed it - and GolfTitt.
Next time eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

we thought GolfTwaTish was a more suitable name, but GolfTitt sounds good too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

was a good day indeed... I got 26% power loss with my 2wd car.... which is about right.. in my case it was 33.3 bhp...

[ QUOTE ]
Wak said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant say where they were done I am sworn to secrecy, needless to say someone here knows where they were done and they could tell you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

moreleds.gif

More details:- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/underled/underled.htm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

To be honest Wak, I think most neons etc look tacky, but you seem to have got the balance just right. Not too in youre face Jap Crap Fast and Furious style.

Maybe its the fact that youve chosen colours that suit the car White/Blue. Not a garish bright Green or Red.

Good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Nah its because they were fitted so well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i bet that was an illuminating experience... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

.... ill get me coat.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Well I've just fitted the Viper DV to Rebecca's TT, and all is looking good thanks to the expert directions I got when we were up at AmD last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If only everything was as easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Forgot to mention.

My S3 only produced 200bhp and 196lb/ft of torque. Not good, and I'm not happy. Graphs are lovely and smooth, but something isn't right with the car somewhere.

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Al you need to chip it, that's the problem. Try trialling with Revo to see if you like it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It seems you guys all had a really great meet, it was a shame that i could not make it but hopefully i will be at the next meet especially if it is not to near xmas and we should get better weather.
I have only recently got my A4T but i regually reviev the site and have gleaned a hell of a lot of info of it although i do not post that regually it would be a shame if i was not allowed to a meet because it appears that i am not a regular user,having said all that i think john has done a fantastic job along with the AMD staff and all the rest of you in organising a really good meet judgeing by all these threads and i for one will be bringing my car up to AMD for the treatment early in the new year,by the way jo & kitty any news about the window stickers as per my e-mail.well done all Steve

Just to clear things up, all current members are welcome, the one in question was kicked off the site for very good reasons although he claims otherwise.
Fact is he never listened to anything the site admin ever said in trying to resolve the situation previously and proceeded to try to give the site and it's owners a bad name.
So why would we want him to come along, the things he said about us weren't called for. He needs to remember that when he talks to people they will repeat what's said!
Also regarding what he said at the rolling road day I have heard the same story from 6 people, so I'll take it they were said, and to be honest it is in keeping with his character from my experience.
Can I ask in future whoever invited him this time to not invite him along next time, as the feeling from a few people is it spoiled a near perfect day, which is a shame.

Al, he needs to expect people to talk about him if he turns up uninvited trying to incite trouble.