Audi-sport RR day - 22nd November at AMD - result!

simont

Reaction score
What a day - first off, big thanks to Wando and AMD for organising a great day - managed to RR all cars that turned up and some reserves too. Great to see everyone and some very interesting road tests (especially me driving S3Mon's car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and discussions held during the day.

Some interesting and varied results - interesting differences between stock S3 cars (i'm sure the owners will post their results accordingly)

And the size of my Penis today was 307lb of torque and 257 BHP. Penis wasn't fully erect on the rollers today due to a valley on the graph running deeper than the Grand Canyon with the car at 4,500 revs. Further enlargement investigation needed in BHP area (now where is that pump again!). Not a bad result for my Revo remapped car torque wise though..

Oh and what a result for English Rugby - especially after all that baiting... !

Cheers all.

Ditto...big thanks to Wando and Amd for another superb RR day, the practice is showing in the smoothness in running them.

I felt lonely until Clive turned up being the only TT on the rollers.

after having reset my ecu, new clutch, flywheel, new tyres running a few pounds less on the rears and replacing the buckled wheel, the temps were 10 degrees down on the last RR day. Got a v.healthy 290bhp and 306lbs of torque.

Also noticed that the fans were directed directly at the Intercooler which was different to the last event.

I just had to spank those horses home....Leds on all the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

great day guys, my first and not that last definatly.... very impressed by audi-sport.net

Wando and Amd staff worked really hard to manage a busy day..

thanks again

AndyC

Well done Wando & Jo for organising a great day & thanks to AMD for being the perfect hosts. The guys were very helpful & advice was flowing freely.

I took advantage of the AMD DV offer including free fitting.

I didn't expect to have my S3 on the RR, since I was 4th reserve, but the AMD guys were pulling out the stops & got through everyone on the list!!

I was happy with the results from my std S3 225 - 228.5bhp @ 6015 rpm & 223.0 lbs.ft @ 2955 rpm. The guys diagnosed a possible faulty MAF since it was running lean at the top end. Will have this sorted on warranty - this may have saved me from a more sever failure !!

Great day, good conversation, exciting action & fantastic people.

Are you calling my daddy a banana or the car? By the way, banana is spelt bannana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Esme Age 8

Yep, another well organised event - well done guys.

Are all the results going to be posted up?

Clive

P.S. Wak - us TTers have to stick together you know!

Had a really good day, shame we couldn't put my car on the rollers and put you all to shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good to put some names to faces, who was the guy in the silver A3 who joined the convoy - I spoke to you but I didn't get your name!!!!!

But who was the guy in the leather-look anorak and shiny shoes with baggy jeans who smelt of weed????

Top Day, well organised!

Loretta, was that the dodgy looking balding bloke who spent most of the day being derogatory about John to the other AmD staff? ****! There's always one!

The mighty S4 did a good job, with 331bhp and 390lbft but got the booby prize for the lowest oil level of the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah that's the one, looked like those dodgy European's you get at the Hippodrome who try to pick up little English boys and girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some bloke who isn't a member of the site, doesn't drive an Audi and only seemed to be there to bad mouth John and try to get him sacked. Good job AmD have a bit more intelligence than him !!!!!!!!!!!!

A great day though, interesting to see the different cars results, especially the Standard 210 S3 that put out 234bhp, which was more than some modified S3's!

Shame the weather foiled our plans for a BBQ, next year we'll run a bit earlier in the year!

We'll post the RR result in a different thread, along with the karting results and photo's from the curry - Phill "Phaall" Joynes, need I say more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That was him! Well weird???! Not sure if it was poo, wee or weed I could smell. Oh well...

It was a really good day anyway even though it was freezing cold. I can't believe what a good turn out it was. About 41 cars wasn't it?

And what a great night out! I'll post some wonky fish pics tomorrow!

http://neptune.atlantis-intl.com/dolphins/sounds/sf.mp3

Ahh the smelly person was the one who had p[osted on another site that if he ever met me it would be a day I'd regret! I was waiting all day to regret something... I waited... and I waited... then I realised... I'll regret the smell and the complaints from other members of the weed smelling phaedophile in the dodgy shoes and the tucked in shirt eighties style who went round talking over people saying two things- that I should be sacked as I'm no good, and that they should all become revo dealers. I suppose his commision payment must be due soon, all 2p of it if Saturday was anything to go by!
Next event... will be strictly 'active' members only and anyone else will be removed by the rest of the members... something I had to prevent saturday!
Shame as it spoils it for the rest of the genuine people out there, bad show!

Look its me working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was my first rolling road day working for AmD. I had alot of fun (and got paid for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Nice to meet some people and fit some of our products (i.e DV fitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Hope to see some/all of you again.

Cheers

Ross

Just like to add to all the thanks for a great day, very well organised too, top marks to all involved.

PS - Didn't Scott say that the 210 S3 was modified as it was putting out more boost than it should if it was standard?

Dunc

Thanks, organised? glad everyone thought it was organised, I did try hard to get as many as I could through the rollers, we were supposed to be finished by two, but I pushed a little and kept it going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Nice to see some old friends, shame about the weather, but I hope the rugby coverage I organised made up for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DuncS3 said:
PS - Didn't Scott say that the 210 S3 was modified as it was putting out more boost than it should if it was standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunc, there was no boost pressure measurment done all day so far as I could see. I spoke to John and Scott at the start of the day and it was decided not to measure boost to decrease time spent on each car and get more cars on the rollers...

A truly brilliant day at AmD - well done to everybody for doing the organising (or lack of it, according to Wando's post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), lots of very good-natured people too, and well - *HOW* many cars were there?? Wow!!

Saturday night was a good laugh too, especially on the smaller table of the two.. (I'm sure the photos will speak for themselves when I take them off the camera in a mo...)

And Sunday, well - all I can say is that I'm finding pieces of mud and grit in places I didn't know existed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Oh, and I've learned not to trust satellite navigation for anything other than popping to Tescos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Both Rebecca and I had a truly excellent time, and it was really good to put faces to names... One in particular seems to stick in my mind though... *cough*phaal*cough*

Hope to see you all again soon

Alex.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, organised? glad everyone thought it was organised,

[/ QUOTE ]

well, for what its worth I too though it was well organised so full credit to all involved - looking forward to the next one.

John, any chance you can put an explanation as to the power outputs/readings (eg how the Power Loss figure is calculated as this varied quite widely) when you publish the figures? Thanks.

Sorry Paul (R88PER), tried to find you when I was leaving - hope you had a good journey back up to the N/E. Interesting discussion with your friends re their stripped out car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i am so gutted that i wasnt able to make any of this. I will make a big effort to make the next one you lot do. As for the service and organisation from AmD, from what ive read in this thread, it has only confirmed that this will be where im going to get my car remapped after i have the hybrid fitted at PTS in the coming months. Hope you all had a great time and i look forward to meeting some of you at santa pod when RIchard organises the next one.

Just to echo all the thoughts above - fantastic turnout, great organisation from John, Jo & all from AMD.

Met up with some familiar names & got some great advice.

Special thanks for organising the rugby - talk about a perfect morning - cars & rugby, just a shame I couldnt add the beers in later!!!

Thank you all - look forward to ther next one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Nice one, John and Jo and thanks to AMD for getting us all on the rollers. A brilliant day, shame bout the weather...Nice to meet some old faces and new ones too.

As SimonT said above (which I thought was very funny) The size of my Penis on the day was 300lb of torque and 248 BHP. My penis was a bit limp due to an air leak of some sort as noted by Scott and Wando.. Penis has to come in for some checks. Appointment to be arranged.. On the last test, it was fully erect at 269bhp so it must've got some kinda STD somewhere.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

By the way, who was this weedy smelling ***** stirrer..I'm curious.

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
Ahh the smelly person was the one who had p[osted on another site that if he ever met me it would be a day I'd regret! I was waiting all day to regret something... I waited... and I waited... then I realised... I'll regret the smell and the complaints from other members of the weed smelling phaedophile in the dodgy shoes and the tucked in shirt eighties style who went round talking over people saying two things- that I should be sacked as I'm no good, and that they should all become revo dealers. I suppose his commision payment must be due soon, all 2p of it if Saturday was anything to go by!
Next event... will be strictly 'active' members only and anyone else will be removed by the rest of the members... something I had to prevent saturday!
Shame as it spoils it for the rest of the genuine people out there, bad show!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this follicly challenged bloke the same one who drives a MK IV Golf and was recently banned from the Forum. If so, don't think it was weed, more likely paint stripper!!!

Well said Flipper - Phill is a good sport after endless p*ss taking from us lot - Thumbs up Phillll (or should that be Phallllll ;-) )

Hi Bruno, didn't get a chance to chat to you other than saying hello (not sure if you knew it was me though!)!

Hmmmmmm perhaps it was that very same person - perhaps his attempts to get John sacked gave it away, really quite odd, malicious, vindictive and childish behaviour.

Mind you, we all had a good giggle at his interesting dress sense, and a debate as to whether it was cannabis or wee that he smelt of !!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hi Bruno, didn't get a chance to chat to you other than saying hello (not sure if you knew it was me though!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jo, yes I did know that it was you! It was quite noisy in there wasn't it? Now I promise to be more sociable next time!

I thought of entering my car for the show 'n shine (a late entry). How do you think I would have done?

Hahahaha, due to the weather we didn't hold it - there were some prizes awarded though!

Highest performing car (David R), and highest performing standard car (GavinH I think, need to confirm with John) both won something.

esme, aged 8... sorry.... ! :)

i got cornered by the weedo. also.... slag slag slag... bla bla bla... boring..

I left that sort of behavoiur back with the Renault Turbo brigade!!!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hahahaha, due to the weather we didn't hold it - there were some prizes awarded though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi au naturelle... not washed since last June. An artistic expression of an Audi against the natural elements. It's a profound statement. Dare I say even an education to other Forum users who may have forgotten what an unclean Audi looks like; a reminder perhaps, that however hard we fight against the darkening forces, we all turn to dust, ashes, mud and flint in the end.

P.S. it was definitely paint stripper 'cos he offered me a swig from his hip flask!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:

Highest performing car (David R), and highest performing standard car (GavinH I think, need to confirm with John) both won something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should of got a (booby) prize for the lowest BHP chipped car at 233 bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thing is I drove up with two other S3s and didnt have any performance problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
Now I promise to be more sociable next time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruno I definitely don't think you was on our planet on Saturday - what was you smoking??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again to all that organised the day at AmD. I forgot that I booked a place on the rollers. Glad I did though. 235bhp and 244lb ft from a standard 210 S3. Only one thing left to say. Who ever had less bhp than me from there chipped car. hahaha. Just kidding.

Hope to see everyone again in new year.

Just a quick note, I've personally nothinbg against drugs but whilst driving I don't agree with anyone doing anything like that, and I wouldn't want audi-sport.net associated in anyway with it.
At future events action will be taken against anyone suspected of abuse, particularly those not invited!

Gavin, personally I reckon for some reason your 210 S3 is running 225 code maybe, and it's loosened up nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice to meet some new people Saturday btw, particularly AndyC, GavinH, Paul(r88per) and Andre(DreA3Turbo)

Hi all
Was a great weekend, didn’t put the motor on the rolling road as it is standard, and I am planning on having the remap done soon, so will get on the rolling road then.

Met so many knowledgeable people, and spent most of the weekend just listening to what they had to say.

Even met a guy (dre) who parks in the same car park as me at work and we’d never met before the meet. Truly Amazing.

Thanks for the room Phil, in the Indian I was beginning to wonder what I had let myself in for. Have u recovered yet?

Thanks to everyone involved in organising and making the day happen (Jo and Wando)

Should start this in a new post really but I will stick it here for now.

Which is the best radar/gps system around for keeping your license, think that’s gonna be my first mod.
Would like to know what David has to say on that one, as he seems to have most of them in his RS.

Hope to see you all soon.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One further thing, the next time we organise an audi-sport.net rolling road it won't be first come first served, we'll look at everyone who replies and pick those who are most interested in audi-sport.net, it's a bit disapointing when you spend alot of time organising a day to see the results posted on other sites and not on the one who took the time to organise it!
Those people can get to the back of the queue in future and I'll make preference for the genuine members and those not out to spoil the day for everyone as well of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thank you to John, Jo, AMD and Scott.

I had loads of fun and it was excellent to see so many of the other a-s.net members.

My car did 168.9 and 181 lb/ft (the restraunt manager will vouch for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif).

Phill or should that be Phall (looking at my new post name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
simont said:
[ QUOTE ]
Now I promise to be more sociable next time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruno I definitely don't think you was on our planet on Saturday - what was you smoking??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if you want the truth I had a cold from hell and was medicated up to my eyeballs which, incidentally, was why my friend Steve (was races cars at Donington) was driving my car all day.

Not that it's relevant but I certainly would never drive under the influence of drink or drugs.

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
It was really great to see everyone - next time I think I am going to give everyone name badges so we know who we all are!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be a very good idea!

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One further thing, the next time we organise an audi-sport.net rolling road it won't be first come first served, we'll look at everyone who replies and pick those who are most interested in audi-sport.net, it's a bit disapointing when you spend alot of time organising a day to see the results posted on other sites and not on the one who took the time to organise it!
Those people can get to the back of the queue in future and I'll make preference for the genuine members and those not out to spoil the day for everyone as well of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

If I could have got on to the site at the various times I had tried to from the office then I would have posted up my graphs! I'm not sure what the issues were but it looked very "down" to me. Perhaps it was just bad timing.

Now I'm on, here's my plots. Very happy with the results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Sincerely hope AmD got the business they deserved for hosting such a good day.

Cheers

Ben

Because of res, you can't see the figures properly. 258BHP and 289ft shown below.

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
It was really great to see everyone - next time I think I am going to give everyone name badges so we know who we all are!!!!

And run it a bit earlier so we can get the good weather and BBQ :)

Thanks AmD for hosting the RR session for us, and thanks to the curry place for putting up with us - weren't those wigs classic !!!!!!!!

Phil, you are a star; we are all impressed and hope you appreciate your new screen name ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jo, I can appreciate the sentiment my new screen name! It was a great night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif I am glad I helped make it a memorable night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif