DEFINITE:
siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
robreun - BOOKED UP
mitch78 - BOOKED UP
rhubarb4
SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
My mate Steve in his MR2

Hey guys. Just to let you know that I might not be able to do this. An opportunity has come up that I can't afford to miss. I'll know for sure if I can come the week before we're due to leave. Shame because I was really looking forward to it!!

Coss

Sorry to hear that mate, hope the opportunity comes through for you. And then there were 7!

p.s. there is room in the back of my car for the lovely lady you were going to bring! ;)

Sorry to hear that mate, hope the opportunity comes through for you. And then there were 7!

p.s. there is room in the back of my car for the lovely lady you were going to bring! ;)

Thanks dude!

Well I'll see if she's up for it lol.

Don't think Diane would be too happy if I said I had a spare seat :box:, so I won't.

Shame you can't make it Leon. Would've been good to have you there. Maybe next time? Are you going to the VW festival at Harewood? If you are I might see you there.

I know Lee, i would have really loved to but a holiday in Sardinia is sorted.

Whens the VW fest? I'll have a google ;)

OK chaps,

Stickers have landed, they look great and there's a fair few so planty to go around.

Theyre vinyl so easy peel and wont leave a ****** residue.

I'll drop them with Mitch78 at the next opportunity.

Sorry for pic quality:

Last edited by a moderator:
They cost me £65 all in, but dont worry, call it a pressie from me ;)

Great news about the stickers they look really good :), but bad news about MR2 boy! They're dropping like flies!

UPDATE:

MAYBE:
chasdrury
PNH80
Wes G
S3 LTN
jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
marriedblonde
Ian W
xs2man
S3izzo
djakster
lil_coz's mate with VR6
lil_coz - BOOKED UP

DEFINITE:
siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
robreun - BOOKED UP
mitch78 - BOOKED UP
rhubarb4
SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP

Next thing!!

Are we still able to get the headlights switched to Euro on the train?

Also , as I am not good at this stuff, if I get the chrome bulbs can someone fit them for me on this trip??

Side repeaters, front and rear indicators ???

I think i'm gonna steal this idea for next summer. My mates just bought an E46 M3 (which is a beast), my other mate has decided to sell his 8P S3 and get a 964 Porsche 911 (because he's mad). In the next month or so i'll be selling my boring A4 and getting a 350Z. Looks like an amazing trip. And although i'll have the slowest car :3sadwalk: i think they would be 3 great cars to do it in.

Sort of off topic. Anyone else noticed that Audi have pulled all information about their credit card from the site.

The Citibank Online account page also has disappeared, I hope they are not going to pull the cards as well ?!

Andrew

just a taster for you guys, brother went down that way yesterday, did a 400 mile round trip from where he lives in swiss, 30 degrees all day :cold:

furka pass

120iy5.jpg

hairpin support
69216200cf9.jpg

san bernadino

86209020cf7.jpg

river crossing near san bernadino
36326571ph7.jpg

hopefully he'll send me more tonight, i'll stick them up :thumbsup:

drew

Seeing the picture of the Furka Pass. Many, many years ago I drove over the Furka Pass with 3 others in a 998cc Hilman Imp Sport. The engine got very hot on the way up and the brakes very hot on the way down.

A few years ago I drove over it again, this time in an A3 1.8T Sport which was much better except than on the way up it started to snow. By the time I got to the top it was snowing quite hard with a good layer on the road. The journey down the other side was taken very slowly!!

Finally got round to ordering the walkie talkies and wigs :)

Can't wait! it's getting pretty close!

Should still be possible to book up now if anyone fancies coming at the last minute!

Finally got round to ordering the walkie talkies and wigs :)

Can't wait! it's getting pretty close!

Should still be possible to book up now if anyone fancies coming at the last minute!

Alex.

Where did you get the Walkie Talkies from ? I still need to sort that out....

Andrew

Alex.

Where did you get the Walkie Talkies from ? I still need to sort that out....

Andrew

You can borrow one of mine for your car if you like, I've bought a pack of two and I'm sure Lee will lend out one of his out to someone else too.

I came back last Saturday from a 6 day Stelvio run in my Boxster, an experience not to be missed.

Beware of the bikes on the way up to the top, they got in the way several times, the guys on motorbikes were complaining about them as well.

Less than 11 days till the off!!! :)

p.s. Leon, my mum told me about the t-shirts! Classic!

Someone sent this link to me over the weekend:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/index.html

Basically the nice french police men would love to give you hassle over not having a flourescent jacket or two in your car!

I did a quick look on google and see you can pick these up for just over a quid

www.hivis.net

So bagged myself a couple.... Good for leaving lying around on the parcel shelf as well ;-)

Andrew