Audi Sport number plate surround

Order placed for a new set of embossed plates and a couple of the official surrounds...! Came to £45 in total. Things might arrive tomorrow. If it stops raining for 5 minutes I might even be able to get a pic up!

Reactions: BarryG79, Tom.H and daytonamart
If it stops raining for 5 minutes I might even be able to get a pic up!

Sorry but it is August, were you expecting sunshine :friendly wink:

****** weather!

Reactions: AudiNutta and BarryG79
So I bought some embossed plates and some non Audi sport surrounds and got them on my car. The rear screws are slightly too small so the holder moves around.

On the front I was ****** that the holes didn’t line up but there was sticky pads which are damned strong and work great. However I decided to order some Audi sport holders at the weekend (as your saying 5 days delivery).

Reactions: BarryG79

I'd love to have some, but I have a doubt in the back of my mind.... I'm driving around with an advertisement exactly where to find more details on my car by seeing anything I post? Probably just being silly but in my mind it is another way of tracking the car down?

So I bought some embossed plates and some non Audi sport surrounds and got them on my car. The rear screws are slightly too small so the holder moves around.

On the front I was ****** that the holes didn’t line up but there was sticky pads which are damned strong and work great. However I decided to order some Audi sport holders at the weekend (as your saying 5 days delivery).

I picked up my official ones from ebay via Cardiff Audi. Free next day delivery! Total cost is about the same as buying from the audi site too.

I'd love to have some, but I have a doubt in the back of my mind.... I'm driving around with an advertisement exactly where to find more details on my car by seeing anything I post? Probably just being silly but in my mind it is another way of tracking the car down?
Totally agree with you man, but someones gonna see pictures eventually, surround or no surround, I just make sure there's no number plate, house address signs, no stickered up works vans etc in the picture..not much more you can do.
I don't even think I've posted a picture of my car where I live honestly

Reactions: Tom.H
Totally agree with you man, but someones gonna see pictures eventually, surround or no surround, I just make sure there's no number plate, house address signs, no stickered up works vans etc in the picture..not much more you can do.
I don't even think I've posted a picture of my car where I live honestly

I'm glad someone agrees with me, I would love to advertise the forum and it shows you as more of an enthusiast. But it is another way of searching and finding more information.

I'm very careful too, no pictures of my number plate online anywhere as far as I am aware. Don't post pictures in front of the house, don't post my exact location. My next concern is, when I go to AITP the photographer puts photos online for everyone to see, with the plate exposed!! Perhaps thieves opportunity, search the show for cars then pictures uploaded later with the plates on.

Reactions: MattSedg
I'm glad someone agrees with me, I would love to advertise the forum and it shows you as more of an enthusiast. But it is another way of searching and finding more information.

I'm very careful too, no pictures of my number plate online anywhere as far as I am aware. Don't post pictures in front of the house, don't post my exact location. My next concern is, when I go to AITP the photographer puts photos online for everyone to see, with the plate exposed!! Perhaps thieves opportunity, search the show for cars then pictures uploaded later with the plates on.
i do have the forum sticker in my back window, internal frosted sticker through the privacy glass so its not so noticeable, will have to move it when i get my dashcams installed though....
see you at aitp!

Reactions: AudiNutta

In all fairness though mate, hundreds of people will see the number plate at AITP and when you're driving around. You never know who the people at shows are anyway, some might be there to eye up what's available.

I blank mine out online but god knows who sees it on the road.

Reactions: MattSedg
i do have the forum sticker in my back window, internal frosted sticker through the privacy glass so its not so noticeable, will have to move it when i get my dashcams installed though....
see you at aitp!

Yes see you there :D Should be great looking at the number of attendees, up on 50 now.

In all fairness though mate, hundreds of people will see the number plate at AITP and when you're driving around. You never know who the people at shows are anyway, some might be there to eye up what's available.

I blank mine out online but god knows who sees it on the road.

Yeah that is true, I was going to take the plate off on the stand though.. not sure! Just in case some photos are taken, has to be worth doing that.

Wierdly today my front left sensor kept beeping as if something was in the way when I stopped.

I changed my plates last weekend - The only thing I can think is that the plates (which are not flat in the corners in the holder) are setting off the sensor. But I don’t know why that is after 5 days!?

When the Audi-sport holders come I hope I can screw them in to fix that issue as the current ones are stuck on with tape on the front.

Having not had any experience with number plate surrounds, how are the light-fingered members of our society prevented from removing the plate from the surround ?

Having not had any experience with number plate surrounds, how are the light-fingered members of our society prevented from removing the plate from the surround ?

Unfortunately there is nothing to stop them nicking it, screwdriver is all that's needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point this^^^^^^^^

I had some show plates made up by Audi, cost £20 and I stick them over the road plates with smaller bits of the stickers used to hold them onto the car, works a treat and people can snap away.
Sps50

Reactions: AudiNutta
Wierdly today my front left sensor kept beeping as if something was in the way when I stopped.

I changed my plates last weekend - The only thing I can think is that the plates (which are not flat in the corners in the holder) are setting off the sensor. But I don’t know why that is after 5 days!?

When the Audi-sport holders come I hope I can screw them in to fix that issue as the current ones are stuck on with tape on the front.

I had a set of these number plate surrounds which kept setting off the parking sensors. In the end i removed them as i got fed up with the sensor going nuts every time they were in use.

Good point this^^^^^^^^

I had some show plates made up by Audi, cost £20 and I stick them over the road plates with smaller bits of the stickers used to hold them onto the car, works a treat and people can snap away.View attachment 132612

They look really cool, did you have them done in the showroom font? Good idea!

I have the Audi factory supplied "S3" showroom plates, only flimsy plastic ones but they came from Audi and my sales manager told me I wouldn't get them anywhere else and gave them in the sale for photos and shows :p But, I'd be worried sticking them on the car just in case some tool nicks them. Suppose it should be alright?

I've contemplated stopping before the entrance and getting my plates out too to avoid the camera, but not sure if it's worth the fuss.

By the way, to clarify.. is that your car? I am in love!!! I've a HUGE soft spot for the B7's, absolutely gorgeous car and the RS4 is just a wet dream :lmfao:

They look really cool, did you have them done in the showroom font? Good idea!

I have the Audi factory supplied "S3" showroom plates, only flimsy plastic ones but they came from Audi and my sales manager told me I wouldn't get them anywhere else and gave them in the sale for photos and shows :p But, I'd be worried sticking them on the car just in case some tool nicks them. Suppose it should be alright?

I've contemplated stopping before the entrance and getting my plates out too to avoid the camera, but not sure if it's worth the fuss.

By the way, to clarify.. is that your car? I am in love!!! I've a HUGE soft spot for the B7's, absolutely gorgeous car and the RS4 is just a wet dream :lmfao:

Not sure on the font but it is the Audi showroom lettering, the service guy was fine with doing them. they are actually the same as normal number plates, same size and width etc. Yes, it is my car and it is a pleasure to own. AITP9 here we come!

Not sure on the font but it is the Audi showroom lettering, the service guy was fine with doing them. they are actually the same as normal number plates, same size and width etc. Yes, it is my car and it is a pleasure to own. AITP9 here we come!

I will keep that in mind for the future, but may just use my showroom S3 plates now and hope they stay put ;)

Superb, can't wait to see it!!

Reactions: daytonamart
Put my new plates and surround on yesterday! (inc awesome obscuring MS Paint job..)
Old hidden sm
New hidden sm

Reactions: SPIKE_, Reddaddy67, daytonamart and 1 other person
Lol it is. He made a big mess up there. He obscured the driftbridge.co.uk address but not the registration lol.

My embossed plates don't have the GB icon. Maybe I should get some. Anyway my Audi spot plates also came so going to put them on when I go out.

I'm most curious about if they have the holes in the right place for the from plate as I feel like the dealer drilled into the number plate holder on the car in the only position no one else put holes in their plate holders!

Cardiff Audi sell them for £12.95 each with free postage on eBay. I will be getting some for sure!

Lol it is. He made a big mess up there. He obscured the driftbridge.co.uk address but not the registration lol.

My embossed plates don't have the GB icon. Maybe I should get some. Anyway my Audi spot plates also came so going to put them on when I go out.

I'm most curious about if they have the holes in the right place for the from plate as I feel like the dealer drilled into the number plate holder on the car in the only position no one else put holes in their plate holders!

Nope lol, I'm smarter than that! Also, that isn't the url!! (never heard of driftbridge tbh).

Took me ages to decide on the gb icon or not... I think I do prefer it, feels a bit more stylish for some reason.

The back fitted fine. Not the front though... Even though the surround was basically hundreds of holes... The left side didn't fit into one of them! I had to just pole the screw through the plastic to make it fit.

Nope lol, I'm smarter than that! Also, that isn't the url!! (never heard of driftbridge tbh).

Took me ages to decide on the gb icon or not... I think I do prefer it, feels a bit more stylish for some reason.

The back fitted fine. Not the front though... Even though the surround was basically hundreds of holes... The left side didn't fit into one of them! I had to just pole the screw through the plastic to make it fit.

So I drilled into the front where the holes are and then screwed it on. I will post a photo probably tomorrow as it wil be dark soon. But I think they look good plus I can easily take out the plates by pulling down on the base.

I think the Audi sport holder and the embossed plates look smart.

31fe0ce119d6ead4a16b0bb52c479c4e.jpg
7bfdcafada9d9c2306b9a745f1235d52.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, daytonamart, AudiNutta and 2 others

They do look smart when they're new, the ones I had looked a bit tired after about 8 years of stones, fly's and god knows what else hitting them.

They do look smart when they're new, the ones I had looked a bit tired after about 8 years of stones, fly's and god knows what else hitting them.

I agree, the pressed plates look great to start and the rear yellow plate is really bright. However, they get really tatty. I've gone with black lettered 3D Gel plates now, this set has lasted well now and the RS will be the third car they go on. But I think I will get a fresh set anyway.

I agree, the pressed plates look great to start and the rear yellow plate is really bright. However, they get really tatty. I've gone with black lettered 3D Gel plates now, this set has lasted well now and the RS will be the third car they go on. But I think I will get a fresh set anyway.

I love the UltraTek plates I've got now, Mrs liked them as well so ended up getting her a set!

Reactions: Bells and AudiNutta
The other thing a lot of dealers are doing these days is using 'tabbed' number plates. Normal plates but with a tab at the bottom with their name on. My own dealer knows not to use these on my car as I don't like any form of surround and the minimum amount required by law on the plate and in the smallest lettering. The dealer always fits a new set of my personal plate to my new cars and I leave it to him to remove the existing ones from my trade-in. So when I collect my new car there are two cars on the forecourt with the same number. Not strictly legal but.....

Good point, going to check with my dealer about any tabbed plates. Don't want any of their crap on the car - I'm not paying to be their advertising hoarding.

One of my old lease cars was delivered with no dealer branding then, after it went in for its first service, I discovered they'd put their own sticker at the top of the rear screen. I went utterly ballistic and got them to remove their junk immediately!

Reactions: NevMan, AudiNutta and BarryG79

The holder on the front - is this the same as the back one? I thought the front grill on the A3 had its own little holder for the plate but looking at this does the audi sport holder just sit nicely ontop?

Anyone know if the Ultratek plates fit inside these OK???

Thanks

Yes they fit pal...thats what I have

Nice one thanks, still not sure if to use them or just stick the plates on again?!?!?

I went out to see about drilling/screwing my private plates on, I didn't fancy the sticky again as I had a right job getting them off the S3, ending up bending the plates and scratching the car! I took the plates out and the screws/caps will be well away from the numbers/letters on the front plate, but on the back plate the left screw/cap would have been right on the 2nd number :( So I called Audi up, he can get me a surround for tomorrow £13 so I'll give it a go :)

Reactions: Daz4311