Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
Sorry no pictures of mine yet but will this weekend

1st bike is a 2004 Marin rift zone daily

2nd bike is 2014 Orange Five pro 650B/27.5 weekend

had the Five for 2 weeks now and only been on it for a few hours at a time but really enjoying it so far.

Reactions: Muzza80
Is your name vorn then?

That's a shame as it's a great colour.. If I wanted it reprinted in the future could it still be redone in the same colour of have you stopped doing it on 2015 bikes only?

For the proper stuff Lapierre Spicy (12) with some nice mods (when I get the chance these days, not often enough)

Spicy_zps56bade62.jpg~original

Custom Inbred I built from scratch recently for my commute and urbun hacking duties, loved it, put a lot of time (and a substantial amount of money) into it and then 3 weeks after I finished it some scrote stole it from outside my 5th floor flat's private hallway when I literally left it for 15 mins to jump in for a quick change, gutted, gonna have to rebuild it again, it was perfect (apart from the flappy paddle XT brakes/shifters, they were due for replacement) ...

IMG_0295.jpg~original

Currently got this stand in Charge Grater hybrid, dont love it tho, means to an end although the Alfine hub is a revelation!

(NOTE THE BIG EFFOF GROUND ANCHOR AND FORGETABOUTIT CHAIN, LESSON LEARNT LOL)

1377258_10151967950500575_1493575689_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D
My trusty steed

Specialized Carve Comp 29er

Reactions: Sandra and Andrew@A.L.D
I was tempted to go 29er but had a go on 650B and felt it was more for me

I like the 29er because it's like you don't have to plan your line and it's much faster

I throw myself on/at/off big things with this:

although it pretty much doesn't get used anymore.
I keep looking at transition bottlerocket frames to rekindle my love for dirt and faceplants

Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D
These bikes look waaaay too clean

My daily / fitness ride is this one

gymu2yte.jpg

And my weekend ride.....
se4ene6e.jpg

Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D and voorhees
2001 s works hardtail, built it myself, hardly ever ridden now. 2011 stumpy fsr (only went in for inner tubes and came out with 2 (one for the better half) in the new year sale, £1300 each on interest free, couldn't resist that bargain ), 2013 stumpy evo with ks lev, love it, I'd be more gutted to have that stolen than my car, well the Golf anyway!

Old faithful

10245562_10152756877684112_4225618471894250094_n.jpg

who said these bikes are to clean

1512851_10152564390289112_805536447_n.jpg

Reactions: voorhees

Iv got a voodoo hoodoo hardtail mountain bike. Bit of an all rounder but don't get out on it much these days

DSC00115.jpg

Upgraded to CCDB Coil shock now plus 10spd xtr

Reactions: Muzza80, Andrew@A.L.D and superkarl
My carbon guard got ripped off in Cwmcarn :(

Yes forks are Float 34's

Here's my ride GT Aggressor XC.
Like everyone else,don't get out on it as much as I'd like.

Ace thread guys,
Well I sold this on at the start of the year

and bought this, a 2013 Spicy 516, 160mm fox 36's for a wee upgrade, next on the cards is a 1 x 10 set up.

my 2013 Scott gambler
p4pb11302886.jpg

Reactions: JudderMan, superkarl, Andrew@A.L.D and 1 other person
Just picked up my new bike on Friday and just back in from it's first outing at the new Cathkin Braes Commonwealth Games MTB course (which is literally 10 mins from my flat, bonus!)

It's a 2014 Norco Sight Carbon 7 1.5 650B, replacing my Lapierre Spicy which if I'm being honest was just a bit too much bike for the type of riding I do, I've really no need for 160mm travel and 36mm forks, this is a shed load lighter and the 650b size wheels really do seem to me to roll over the rough stuff a little smoother, it's subtle but just my first ride out and I could immediately tell something was different, and I like it!

IMAG1006_zpsjrzsyhsp.jpg~original

Very pleased with it and I'll use it more than the Spicy for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: markos72
Have a Yeti ARC for every day and for the bumpier steeper terrain a Yeti ASR 5.

Reactions: superkarl
My all rounder Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M4. Purchased as

Gone through several guises but currently looks like.

Also have this which I built and raced back in 1992 and decommissioned in about 95/96.

Santa Cruz tallboy carbon. Bos dizzy, xx1 Chris king, enve cockpit, hope brakes. I work in a bike shop, so it's easy to get carried away.....

I also I imagine I have spoken to you before orange 225 as I work in a bike shop near reading that sells orange.

Here is my cove Sanchez 4x big smasher built to take a hammering
Full saint group set and brakes and some 36 floats for good measure
And here's my single speed version for the skate parks ;)

This is my 2014 giant trance 2 only ridden it a couple of times but I'm getting used to the 27.5 wheels

2dadczt.jpg

cube analog (spelling) 29er - replacement for my stolen one

Not the best picture, but it's recent ....

e26260394dda77837e41d58b4226131d_zpsec9d12da.jpg

I like to build my own bikes, got this 2011 giant anthem frame last year, built it up

Currently wieghing in at 11.81kg's with 2.5 conti tyres or 11.01 on the conti road tyres 1.9's
Not too bad for an alli frame

Reactions: superkarl
Looking into buying a 29er hardtail now for a bit of speedy cross country.

Did Guisburn and Dalby forest this month on my Five. So much fun on the Hope line in Guisburn.