1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi soundsystem/nav

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by forschi, Mar 26, 2014.

1. forschi

forschi New Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    Hi!
    I'm on the lookout for an A4 ca 2009 model, there seems to be a few different versions of stereos fitted (Concert, CD Changer, Multimedia) i'm looking for bluetooth streaming or USB-connecting my phone (android atm but soon iPhone)
    Ive seen some adaptors that seems to be useable for bluetooth streaming that goes in the MMI-port in the glovebox. Does all these stereos have that or just those with MMI (MultiMedia-stereo with SD-slots or the CD-Changer) and if i buy one with a Concert....am i screwed or can it be done?
    Also AMI/MMI does anyone have a link or explaination to all of this as this is all new to me.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Anthony566

Anthony566 Active Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    This might help ?

AMI – Audi Music Interface
  4. forschi

forschi New Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    Oh, great. So if it doesnt have the center console thing its not MMI thus never equipped with the AMI whitch means only line-in audio as i understand.
    Have one on hand with the cd-changer and B&O sound system, kinda feel i want that
  5. beemerboy9

beemerboy9 New Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    The AMI interface can be retro-fitted to the Concert radio.
  6. forschi

forschi New Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    Hmm, really...well, what differences or limitations is there if i get one with the cd-changer or multimedia unit or a concert one? As Ive seen theres something called RNSE on the concert and MMI on the cd-changer/multimedia unit....im guessing its something about how they communicate. But is it just about the soundsystem/nav or does it also limit the functions/screen in some way?
    Tbh the integrated systems are way behind tablets and stuff anyway and im never gonna use the navigation system