1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi sound system build week change

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by leydster, Feb 5, 2014.

1. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    After reading all these posts it's costing me a fortune adding more spec. Thanks guys!!

I'm chomping at the bit already for my new car which is currently build week 12 (17th March).

I haven't specced up the sound system yet and reading all this it looks like I'm going to. I only listen to music driving to and from work. Occasionally it is a bit loud but not always.

Should I upgrade? And if I do is it likely to make an impact on build date?

Thanks in advance as all input is appreciated :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    Yes you should - the difference is huge between the bog standard system and ASS.

If you're on build week 12 then it shouldn't push it back, usually gets locked down 3 or 4 weeks before.

I changed my order 5 times and the final time was right on the last possible day! (Change to panther black!)
  4. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    I'm probably gonna do it. Mrs is gonna go mental.

While I'm asking can anyone confirm if the standard mmi setup can play videos on the screen?
  5. m0sbf

m0sbf Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    I have an IPod cable in my A3 8V and only the music folder and its associated playlists etc are visible on the MMI, I checked tonight. No video folders or movies show up, even though the IPod has videos on it. I have a feeling you need the Tech Pack to get video support. My car is a 13 plate Sport model, so newer cars may be different.
  6. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    Does anyone have pictures of the sound system upgrade? I'm reading that the speakers have lights on them?
  7. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    Only for B&O. The Audi Sound System doesn't have lights, and the only difference you'll really see is the addition of a subwoofer. There's a picture of that somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.
  8. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 5, 2014]
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I've seen that picture. Must've got wires crossed somewhere
  9. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    That's it ordered now and no build week change :)
  10. markjames

markjames Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    I have standard MMI with Audi Sound System - when I collected my car, the dealer demo'd watching a video via iphone. So it is possible, but I haven't done it myself. He made me watch Maroon 5 and I am too scarred from the event :thrashi:
  11. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    That's good that it does do it tho. Don't mind maroon 5 so that wouldn't have bothered me :p what was the quality of the video like on the screen ?
  12. markjames

markjames Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Quality was average at best. Livable with but certainly would warrant the purchase of an iPad or tablet if video watching was something you wanted to do often. Ashame the tech pack is so expensive, but you can't really expect the standard on-board screen to be amazing quality, I think the fact it plays video at all is fairly decent
  13. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Yeah I'm just asking cause I'm running out if things to ask about it but I'm too excited about new car to just shut up. I'm happy it does it at all though. Just think its cool but never expected it to be standard anyway
  14. markjames

markjames Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Don't worry I know the feeling! Mine took 7 months to arrive. It's awesome when it does finally arrive though.
  15. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    7 months?? Jesus H Christ. That's a long time. Hopefully I'll be too busy with march registrations to worry about it. I'm a Toyota salesman and everyone is chinning me for buying audi ha ha
  16. grantDUBshaw

grantDUBshaw Active Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Mine took 6 months ! I amended my order to add on ASS whichever out my build week from week 47 to week 50. But just before being locked in it went back to week 47 so had no problem with delays ! Hope the same goes with you!
  17. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    You'll be able to help me. I'm getting a bit confused. I seen on a review someone saying they upgraded to the technology pack to get iPod integration. Doesn't the standard ami come with a cable to connect iPod? :-S
  18. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 7, 2014]
    When I was at my dealers this morning he looked up the current delivery schedule on the dealers Audi UK website and it was indicating 12 weeks for an A3. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.
  19. leydster

leydster Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Sounds about right. I ordered mine last Monday and I'm build week 12(17th march)
  20. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Yes. I think one difference I've seen is that you can't use shuffle on the non tech pack with an ipod or something - seem to remember something about that being on here a long time ago! Could be wrong though.
  21. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

[Feb 7, 2014]
    Are you finally planning to order an 8v??
    Anarch likes this.