1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi sat nav help

vorney Apr 10, 2014

1. vorney

vorney Member

Just upgraded my audi stereo to the rsn-e sat nav. Just a quick question can I use the sd drive for the sat nav, or do u have to use the disc

Many thanks

2. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

I think it's possible but I never found one to put in mine, somebody like NHN or ash187 will know for sure, try to get the data and try it?

3. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

disk only as its dvd based

4. vorney

vorney Member

:sign_unfair:

5. Inked

Inked Active Member Team Daytona Team V6 quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group TDi

I used to run the Nav in my A4 off of an SD card, not sure whether other models can though.

6. vorney

vorney Member

Interesting. Did you buy the sd card off ebay or from audi. What type of unit was it?????

7. Inked

Inked Active Member Team Daytona Team V6 quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group TDi

Just a 16gb SD card bought from amazon. Copied the whole contents of the DVD across and it was recognised by the Nav with no problems. Was a 2011 A4 with tech pack low, don't know the model of the Nav I'm afraid.

8. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

But didn't audi actually sell SD cards with maps on them?

9. vorney

vorney Member

Might just have to try it for the sake of an sd card cheers

10. Inked

It's worth a go, worked straight away for me. Literally just opened the contents of the DVD on my PC and copied the whole lot to the SD card

11. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group s tronic

If it RNS-E then it is disc only, been asked hundreds of time before and it always the same answer. Later model A4's (B8) with MMI could be ran off SD card.

a6_chris likes this.
  12. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

As above, it'll not work!! SD on the rnse is for music only.