Audi S5 B8.5 DSG Map

Bailey C7

Reaction score
hi all, been on here for a while .. just recently changed my A6 BiTdi to a 2016 S5 Coupe.. had it 4 days and took it for APR stage 1.. made a huge difference, now running 427Hp.. question is my next step is either the stage 2+ including crank pulley or the DSG remap.. has anyone done either of them or both and can sway me in what direction to go first ?
Looking for info on what difference each one might make.

Cheers
Scoob

DSG remap unlocks more RPM which ultimately gives more HP. Also normally tightens up changes and can switch gear change points. It is tuner dependent though. Personally, I'd do it in the following order: stage 1, DSG, uprate intake + stage 2, cooling, stage 2+

You need to get the DSG map before further tuning because of the SW torque limit. Higher than stage 1 without DSG adjustment increases stress on the clutch packs and could cause premature wear.

EDIT: I have realised that I'm making an assumption about how the torque limit works, but nevertheless stage 2 increases torque and most tuners recommend a DSG map which includes increasing clutch plate pressure, so I'm still sure that stage 2 without a DSG map is not a good idea.

I didn't realise that there were any 2016 B8s - must have been one of the last made?

You need to get the DSG map before further tuning because of the SW torque limit. Higher than stage 1 without DSG adjustment increases stress on the clutch packs and could cause premature wear.

EDIT: I have realised that I'm making an assumption about how the torque limit works, but nevertheless stage 2 increases torque and most tuners recommend a DSG map which includes increasing clutch plate pressure, so I'm still sure that stage 2 without a DSG map is not a good idea.

I didn't realise that there were any 2016 B8s - must have been one of the last made?

B8.5 :)
I dcided against the DSG remap tody, couldnt bring myself to spend £800 for the minimal differeance :(..

427 bhp impressive :blow:
hi all, been on here for a while .. just recently changed my A6 BiTdi to a 2016 S5 Coupe.. had it 4 days and took it for APR stage 1.. made a huge difference, now running 427Hp.. question is my next step is either the stage 2+ including crank pulley or the DSG remap.. has anyone done either of them or both and can sway me in what direction to go first ?
Looking for info on what difference each one might make.

Cheers
Scoob