1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi s4 Vs Audi allroad 2.7 T engines??

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by LeeT, Apr 27, 2011.

1. LeeT

LeeT Member

[Apr 27, 2011]
    Hi guys, what are the differences in the engines between the Audi B5 S4 and the Audi allroad 2.7T? Im looking at buying an allroad and looking at tuning options
    Thanks ..Lee
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Apr 27, 2011]
    They are de-tuned compared with the s4 but essentially the same engines... If you're thinking to tune the allroad further just forget about it, they are gas guzzlers even in diesel form (i know as i have one) and about the handling- let's not get into it. The air suspension does't do jack for handling, mine had a lot of money spent in getting the ride sorted and it's not a patch on me other b5 audi a4 tdi quattro (s4 replica) ! The only way to make the allroad handle is by swapping the air suspension to Bilstein PP9 coilovers or Eibach springs and shocks for s6 (with the v8 engine). I have upgraded on mine the rear antiroll bar to the rs6 one (made the rear feel a but better) and s4 solid front track rod ends...not much stuff for diesels out there !
  4. LeeT

LeeT Member

[Apr 27, 2011]
    thanks for the reply. The 2.7t in the allroad cant be any worse on fuel than my a6 4.2 can it? I find that very reasonable on fuel considering its a big v8
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Apr 27, 2011]
    Actually it can be ! The v8 is a all alloy NA lump, the 2.7TT has a cast iron block and alloy heads + the turbo's and plumbing weigh a bit. Anyway, the average Mpg can go into single figures in s4 when driven hard and that's a good 400kg lighter than the allroad ! Anyway, i do 35Mpg in me humble oil burner whether i tow or not, driven sensibly, you should expect high tens, low 20 Mpg in the 2.7TT. I would spend a few hours reading on american based forums as they only had petrol allroad there so you can see what they have achieved by tuning the 2.7 engine.