Audi S4 brake pressure sensor problem, 01435.

antboo1.8t

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2000 audi S4, iv got abs and ESP lights in so I run my code reader and got 01435. Brake pressure sensor.
I am just wondering if any1 can tell me if I need a new abs unit or just the sensor?
Your help if greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Yep, unfortunately mate, you have the common ABS unit fault. It is definately the ABS pump and not a sensor. There are companies who can re-condition them, which is cheaper than a new one (over £1000 with parts and labour)

Thanks mate, that was very useful. I do have a warranty and have been quoted £450 +vat for the part from a gebuine parts outlet, so I may give that ago.
On one thread somebody said that only the revised models had ESP, is this correct?

I'd be lieing if I said I knew for sure mate, I'm not 100% clued up on the VAG brand (just new into it). There'll be guys come along with the definitive answer for you I'm sure. However, I personally would have thought your car would have it.

Hope your warranty comes up trumps for you

I would have thought that they'd be near enough all the same, apart from optional extras.
Cheers for ur help matey.
Anthony

mines a pre facelift and im pretty sure i havent got ESP. I also have an ABS light on and desperately want the code read and fault cleared. What fault reader are you using?

Mine is a facelift so maybe that's it.
I'm not sure, it's just a bag code reader, nothing fancy but does the job. I think I bought it off eBay for about £50 new. Definitely worth getting one.
My abs pump seems to have gone, I have both lights on and very poor brakes, really spongy.

Just one last thing. If some one can help me i would much appreciate it.
My ABS and ESP light comes on and goes off, does this mean that it may be the ABS sensor rather than the pump being faulty?