Audi S4 4.2 V8 remap

Keith Francis

Reaction score
Hi I have a Audi S4 quattro its standard at the moment but im thinking about having it remapped. I have been looking around the net and Have noticed that most of the remapping services around are quoting around a extra 25 bhp. I was looking for a bit more then this to make it worth my while. Does anyone have any information or recommendations with this.

Keith

That's about what's available .

Fantastic engine and sound .

Twin turbo it , lol .

Look online for the JH Motorsport remap, it takes the 344 Bhp engine to over 370 Bhp ! I am doing an full exhaust on my b6 s4 and i should be close to 400 Bhp with Milltek cats and full 3" exhaust from pre-cats back !

Reactions: Keith Francis
Which is another way of saying 25 bhp.

Perform surgery on your good condition exhaust system to save money over
a Milk-it system .

a Milk-it system .
Big gains are not really possible on NA engines, the JHM map does unleash quite a bit of power as it modifies just about every parameter in the map however the biggest restriction in the system are the cats, it's common practice to delete the precats and hollow the middle cats or Milltek exhausts are pretty popular too and fit well however the quality is to be desired and materials are cheap + they still use mig welds which rust shortly !

I went dual 3" from manifolds to the back boxes however i kept the precats as they were the very expensive milltek sports and i still want to retain somewhat the stock look. I will get the car started today, i do hope it's not going to be too loud- hence the reason to keep the stock valved back boxes !

Reactions: mister.c. and Keith Francis
That's about what's available .

Fantastic engine and sound .

Twin turbo it , lol .
Engine has high compression ratio, it will need thick spacers (or new pistons) in order to drop it to suitable CR to suit supercharging and the rods are quite weak. JHM does a supercharger kit for it along with long manifold headers and rod package which unleash up to 800 Bhp potential- bank busting prices though !

If you're thinking to turbocharge the 4.2 then it's the wrong engine choice, the old 4.2 belt driven engine off the rs6 is a much, much stronger engine and will bolt on with some modification to the manual Getrag 01E gearbox which can take the pounding of 600 Bhp !

Get a BCS exhaust, just put full system on wifes B6 S4 sound awesome.

Remove the pre- and main cats. and with a map massive difference to be had. different i know but simular into options and mods whats available. i have a 3.0 (ASN) V6 been tweeking it this week after removing the pre and main cats aswell as fitting some induction. with the updated map on it theres a huge difference. where are you based we can offer our services

Remove the pre- and main cats. and with a map massive difference to be had. different i know but simular into options and mods whats available. i have a 3.0 (ASN) V6 been tweeking it this week after removing the pre and main cats aswell as fitting some induction. with the updated map on it theres a huge difference. where are you based we can offer our services
Im Based In Saltash Cornwall Not sure where you are but most people are miles away from me lol. I appreciate your advice my friend.

Thanks everyone. Interesting to read your advice I really appreciate it. Great car I feel very privileged to own one. Do Any of you guys know if there are any problem's replacing the 18" Rims to 19"

Look online for the JH Motorsport remap, it takes the 344 Bhp engine to over 370 Bhp ! I am doing an full exhaust on my b6 s4 and i should be close to 400 Bhp with Milltek cats and full 3" exhaust from pre-cats back !
That Sounds like the direction Im aiming for. Great thanks for your Help my friend.

a Milk-it system .
Do you no of any problem of swapping out my 18" Rims for 19"

Do you no of any problem of swapping out my 18" Rims for 19"
I went 2" larger in size, from 18" Avus alloys to 20"x9" forged S8 alloys... As above, slight loss of ride quality but not bad at all in the end, the steering is so much more precise and the 20" are just as light as the 18" wheels !

I went 2" larger in size, from 18" Avus alloys to 20"x9" forged S8 alloys... As above, slight loss of ride quality but not bad at all in the end, the steering is so much more precise and the 20" are just as light as the 18" wheels !
Thats great thanks alot for your great advice.

+25bhp is on the max bhp, a good remap will give more than a 25bhp gain lower in the rev range and make the car alot more responsive. A set of piper cross air filters is the first upgrade,with a remap maybe +30bhp,2k on an exhaust and a remap will give you 30bhp if you are lucky.. Remap and pipercross filters :)

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps