1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi s3 timewaster and thief

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by J976rna, Dec 7, 2013.

1. J976rna

J976rna New Member

[Dec 7, 2013]
    Just thought id post on here,as someone might recognise the car
    i was all set to buy my first audi s3, it was in Birmingham and im 3 hours away from kent, i messaged the seller,car sounded brilliant and we agreed a price, i offered to leave him a £150 deposit by paypal to secure the car,as i was going to definately buy it, just couldn't get up there till the next day, so i arranged a lift from my dad, rang the seller to say i was on my way, and filled my dads tank up. 1 hour and 45 mins into the journey, i get a text message from the seller, saying "cars sold,will refund deposit", i immediately rang them,but they turned there phone off, so i made my way back, nearly 5 hours of travelling wasted, and 2 days later,they have still not refunded my deposit, hopefully someone recognises the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im absolutely fuming,the post code was b32 4bp, and the paypal name was Clare lune
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 7, 2013]
    Take it up with Ebay and Paypal
    16Klappe likes this.
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 7, 2013]
    Sorry to here this, but I guess the deposit is pointless when the seller is still able to sell the car anyways. Hope you get your money back mate.
  5. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    I was considering buying this................

glad I didn't bother now! I'd go round his house for my money still on principle

Sean
  6. leegsi

leegsi Active Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Just reclaim the money via Paypal unless you were silly enough to pay as a gift (Which you should never do)
    a6_chris likes this.
  7. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    That car has been around for a while looking at the completed listings.

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!! | eBay

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!!REDUCED PRICE QUICK SALE!!! | eBay

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!!REDUCED PRICE QUICK SALE!!! | eBay

Contact E-bay. If the paypal address is associated with that seller and the auction hasn't been completed through E-bay then you might get your money back. E-bay will want to wait a while to see if you get payed back though.

karl.
  8. J976rna

J976rna New Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    yes i was silly
  9. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Why in Gods name would you pay a deposit before even physically looking at a car? The spec of what's claimed on the advert already has my "scamming *******" senses going.

Without wishing to sound like an arsehole I think you've allowed yourself to get caught up in getting a bargain and have been scammed. Hope you get your money back but I think you may have to chalk this one down to a learning experience.
    jimojameso likes this.
  10. J976rna

J976rna New Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Yeah, thats what i get for being a generally nice and trustworthy bloke,right on top of xmas too, it'd definately made me more wary now, thought id post on here, to remind everyone its still happens loads
  11. Oranoco

[Dec 8, 2013]
    You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last. I was always told to assume any seller was a low down dirty scum bag.

Never know your luck mate, you might see your cash back.
  12. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 8, 2013]
    I think thats wrong.
    I sold my car (not on here as did not want my position to influence it) and took a deposit,the chap came 250 miles and paid cash,no checking watermarks by me as I trusted him.
    PeterPatch1 and s3dave like this.
  13. Phil-1

Phil-1 Well-Known Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Mate we all make mistakes. Just learn from it.:notme:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  14. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Why does he have less than100% feedback? Was it from other buyers?
  15. rosscopeeco13

rosscopeeco13 Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    I recently bought my car , and I paid a deposit before seeing the car, I sent my dad through to view the car as I was offshore , and I dealt with the seller via emails agreed to do the deal whey got back to the beach and the guy was nothing but a true gent from the first email to the actual meeting we had , He sent me over 30 pics over a 3 week period i was away and answered every question i asked and sent me a picture of every little dent and blemish on the car albeit wasn't many to show, 3 days before the sale was due to happen the mirrors were stolen off the car , the seller knocked the price of genuine mirrorss off the price and put other mirrors on it for the sale to use until replacement genuine ones were fitted , when I went to stirling to meet the guy and do the sale he had to drive 20 miles or so to meet me and before he got there he had the car washed and put 45 quids worth of v power in it for me , the guy was a true gent form the start to the finish , just goes to show there are genuine people still looking to sell on good cars that they have loved and looked after , after all the hassle with the mirrors I paid the full price he wanted before the mirrors were nicked just to show my appreciation towards how genuine and honest he had been throughout the sale, so don't feel to negative there are some genuine people still out there. keep looking , hope you get the car your looking for soon .
    S3 MCW and Lavis89 like this.
  16. J976rna

J976rna New Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    I'm surprised no one recognises the car,seems to have had loads of work done to it,
  17. Oranoco

[Dec 10, 2013]
    It's steered me well so far as I've not yet purchased a wrongun but have certainly avoided plenty. Not saying every seller is going to steel your cash and run off with your wife but not accepting things on face value is a safe way of working more so when the person is a completely unknown.
  18. 16Klappe

16Klappe RacecaR forward is RacecaR backwards. Supporter

[Dec 10, 2013]
    EBay and PayPal won't refund deposits. Unfortunately.

Been there and done that.

**** luck.
  19. matts1

matts1 Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    If you have his address then keep trying him then if no reply, send a message to say you have someone up his way next week and they will collect in person. Keep it polite. Normally gets them coughing up if they think someone is going to be knocking their door.

My sister had someone on ebay try and stitch her up of a £20!! He was a gob****e until she said her fella was up that way working the following week and was going to pop in and collect. Paid the cash back instantly. In truth her fella was so angry at the cheek he genuinely was going to go and pay them a visit, good job they paid up, I wouldn't want him at my door in a mood.
  20. Audibritz

Audibritz Active Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    I stay away from Birmingham if I'm looking for a car, heard too many story's and too many ringers. Was named the worse place in the UK for uninsured vehicles aswell
  21. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 15, 2013]
  22. Aldo

Aldo Active Member

[Dec 15, 2013]
    If you funded the payment by credit card to Pay Pal, you might have a chance completing a chargeback, although it might be hard to prove if you have paid via gift..

Maybe message the other guy on here now and ask for the previous recorded keepers address, seems a small world now doesn't it!
  23. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 15, 2013]
    Im going to be driving through that area next week, if you have the address id be happy to knock on the door for you. Emails and ebay message logs should be enough to varify you paid the gift as a deposit on the car. You would have a reasonable case in small claims court, but would suggest contacting local police BEFORE the court process in case there are any other similar actions previously. I hate people like this.