1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 strange Brake Pedal Fade Issue.

Chlippo Oct 21, 2013

1. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

My S3 is suffering from a strange brake issue. If the car is driven for anything over 5 miles it suffers pedal fade and I would need to pump the brakes a couple of times before it regains the brakes.
    I have changed out all worn wheel bearings, have changed pads and checked if any caliper is sticking. I have also changed and bled brake oil using the conventional bleeding method as well as using vcds.

Nothing of the above has had any effect on the fade issue. I have also checked if any of wheel hubs is worn out causing the whole wheel bearing to move pushing brake pads thus causing the fade.

on vcds I get this error:

00810 - sensor 1/2 for break pressure
    27-10 implausible signal - intermittent

I have also logged both pressure sensor readings with and without the issue thru vcds:

when brakes are working fine both sensors read very close to each others say 110 bar, but when the fade issue is there I read a very low reading on sensor one and a high reading on sensor 2; say 35bar for sensor one and 90 bar for the second sensor.

the strange thing is that the fade happens even if I don't use the brakes at all. just going for a 5 mile drive without using the brakes will cause the brakes to fade. I even went out and borrowed a laser temp gun to read rotor temps and all read same temps.

any ideas??? I need to have the issue fixed as the car is very dangerous to drive.

2. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

Anyone had similar prob ever?

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

faulty master cylinder?