1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 Steering rack replacement

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nelson19uk, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nelson19uk

nelson19uk There's no poke without smoke!

Just wondering if anyone knows if a 2010 A3 steering rack will fit on MY 2007 S3.
    See link: AUDI A3 2010 STEERING RACK | eBay

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

You would need to check part numbers tbh to make sure it shows up under your car as there are a few about, also its probably a gen 3 version & you may have a gen 1 or 2, most likely 2, so may need an adaption loom & coding, so beware & do you research 1st.
  3. nelson19uk

nelson19uk There's no poke without smoke!

I know mine is a gen 2 and I think the new one is a gen 3. Do you know the part number for the adaption loom? The rack I'm looking at comes with the cable to the battery box area and another 2 multi plugs I guess the adaption loom will be the bit between the 2 multi plugs and my existing cabling. Sorry if i'm sounding stupid but I'm just a bit wary because there are so many different part numbers...
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Audi will have notes on there parts system etka as to what loom will be required, so go in with rack part number & see what loom it advises, but again you need to verify the rack will support your car 1st, dont buy any old rack.