1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 sportback spoiler question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Adam_A3_, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Adam_A3_

Adam_A3_ Member

[Apr 14, 2014]
    Hi guys

My sportback was originally an sline with out a spoiler. I am looking to buy an S3 spoiler. the fella selling it has a spoiler with the light built in (included) - my rear tailgate light is part of the tailgate itself.

How do I go about fitting the new spoiler? do I simply remove my light and stick on the new spoiler - will the wiring looms etc match up?

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[Apr 14, 2014]
    You must remove the current brake light and move the wires to the new light.
    The spoiler has 3 logs to attach it to the boot lid. You can have the two side ones removed and glue the spoiler + use the lug in the middle or have holes drilled for the extra two ones.
    Most people decided to cut the lugs and use some strong glue.
  4. Adam_A3_

Adam_A3_ Member

[Apr 14, 2014]
    Awesome. Just what i needed to hear. Thanks
  5. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[Apr 14, 2014]
    You would have to remove all the black trims on the inside of the boot lid to gain access to the screw that holds your current light in place. Once removed, you can install the new spoiler and use the hole to fix it in place.
    You can do this alone, with a little attention. But if it is a brand new spoiler than it would need painting and I think you could ask the shop to also install it for you. This is how I did.
    Adam_A3_ likes this.