Audi S3 Skirts on an A3 ??

JasonKal

Reaction score
I currently have an Audi A3 Quattro and am looking to fit S3 Skirts onto it (or similar) I already have an S3 Front and Rear Bumper they fit (Just) I just wanted to know if anyone has already done this and how well it all went together?

Any pictures would be great !!

This is the most recent shot of mine

466307bd.jpg

I want it to look more like this

resprayoustidepics012.jpg

Thanks
Jason

I have seen some on eBay for sale, its tempting to get them and give it a go but i dont think its going to work, has anyone got a Silver A3 and just painted the bottoms ? how does that look ?

Jason i think youre next buy should be clear indicators, As for the skirts im not sure but i would just color code them?

Yea i keep meaning to buy clear indicators ! I keep seeing color coded ones and i dont know if i like that look some look really cheap and nasty I don't know what to do, it has the performance i want just not the looks yet :(

Props for another silver A3 owner :hi:

I wouldnt even consider colour coding mine to be honest, it just doesnt look right in my opinion.

Whats the spec of your car?, looks good very purposefull!.

I just made my signature and posted on the Show us your A3/S3 .. its a 1.8T Quattro 180bhp ... loads of details on my website www.kal-el.co.uk check it out buts its got

K04 Turbo - Miltek Highflow Cat - Miltek S3 exhaust - S3 injectors - FMIC

Smoothed S3 Front and Rear bumpers

Lots of work went into it and more still to be done

I just made my signature and posted on the Show us your A3/S3 .. its a 1.8T Quattro 180bhp ... loads of details on my website www.kal-el.co.uk check it out buts its got

K04 Turbo - Miltek Highflow Cat - Miltek S3 exhaust - S3 injectors - FMIC

Smoothed S3 Front and Rear bumpers

Lots of work went into it and more still to be done

Ahh cool, just had a look at your website, lots of work gone in to that.

I presume it goes quite well now?

Yea Totally different car !! Still need to get it on a set of rollers to find out the power, I would of loved to of been able to afford an even bigger turbo but i got the K04 cheap and we did all the work so wasn't too expensive. I think the Miltek Cat and Exhaust was the most expensive bits

i have fitted some to mine will have some pics shortly as there at the bodyshop being primed... they had to be modified but will look good and not 100% factory look but very close...

Ad

i have fitted some to mine will have some pics shortly as there at the bodyshop being primed... they had to be modified but will look good and not 100% factory look but very close...

Ad
Thanks !! How much did the mod cost roughly ? Do you have an S3 front and rear bumper aswell ?
I thought I might need the front wheel arches to make them fit

Jason

Thanks !! How much did the mod cost roughly ? Do you have an S3 front and rear bumper aswell ?
I thought I might need the front wheel arches to make them fit

Jason

Yes and i modded then myself, i currently have 2 front wings, front and rear bumper, trims and skirts being primed tomorrow, then prob painted monday, fitted tues hopefully....

it takes some doing and i think the wings may need modding slightly too but will see will get some pics tomorrow...

Yes and i modded then myself, i currently have 2 front wings, front and rear bumper, trims and skirts being primed tomorrow, then prob painted monday, fitted tues hopefully....

it takes some doing and i think the wings may need modding slightly too but will see will get some pics tomorrow...
I nearly bought a set of front wings when i got my S3 bumper but i didn't think i would need them .. now i wish i did get them!
hows the fit with your rear bumper mine hangs over a bit.. and the front is the same but i didn't get the guide bits that it suggests on the thread on the forum here i just used the original ones

to be honest i don't know as i have not fitted them up yet so unsure about the bumper fitting, however i have the guides so shouldn't be a problem... i couldn't get them primed today but there in the booth now for priming first thing in the morning then will rub them back and then hopefully get them all painted tomorrow eve or tues morning...

here's a couple of pics of the skirts prep'd, thought i had a pic of the rear bits to but my phone just died with the pics on so will look later for you...

17052009033.jpg

Im very interested to know how this goes

Im wanting to fit a set to my A3 - not becasue i want it to look like an S3 but just becasue i prefer the look of the skirts

Tim

Yea same! After spending the day looking at all the after Market ones I couldn't find any I liked I think the S3 ones are the nicest! Keep us updated on how it goes!!
Thanks
Jason

well got them primed and rubbed down today hopefully painted tomorrow they had to order some paint as they didnt realise they might not have enough, plus they have got there daily work to contend with and i'm not painting them i'll mess it up:blink: ....

18052009049.jpg

well got them primed and rubbed down today hopefully painted tomorrow they had to order some paint as they didnt realise they might not have enough, plus they have got there daily work to contend with and i'm not painting them i'll mess it up:blink: ....

18052009049.jpg

Looking good!.

Looks good, What's going to be painted what colour? Hope the front and rear bumper grills are going to be matt black :)

18052009049.jpg

Lookin good !! Should have them smoothed while there all off ;)

bumpers.jpg

frontbumper.jpg

that don't bother me tbh dunno why as its a good suggestion, just can't be bothered really atm just seems like more work and something to possibly repair later maybe lol... This is my runabout so just want function over anything really and my current bumpers were mashed so s3 ons were the easy choice ;)...

how boring am i this week :whistle2:

Looks good, What's going to be painted what colour? Hope the front and rear bumper grills are going to be matt black :)

sorry dude missed your post, no sorry to pee on the bonfire..... THIS might be a marmite thing BUT the s3 trims ie door bits rear bits and front and rear inserts are going anthracite... and the car is black... and the grill surround is gone black... EDIT:- to say grill looks **** there lol but its covered in dust as been there for 3 days waiting for the bumper :sob:

17052009036.jpg

10052009021.jpg

haha fair enough, same really the underside of my bumpers when i bought the car where all scratched and i saw the S3 ones on eBay cheap made sense to get them

mine is only used on sunny days and mainly at the w/ends.. I have the company car to use day to day.. Ive just been doing little things on it now slowly

I just found your original thread on here about the S3 Skirts ! Seems like not many people have done this so should be good to see the result !

the grey bits will look great on a black car i reckon.

Yea Grey should stand out nicely ! i went with Gloss Black on the rear panel and the grill surround when i had it painted

Yer i did put a post up ages ago seems as said not many people have done it.... we know this will work just wont look 100% factory because you would need S3 sills and rear 1/4s which is major! but what we have done will look very good... also think the wings may need modding on the bottom too but will see when i do it and take some pics as its black if we have to mod it i'll just hammerite the bit that we mod as it wont be seen behind the skirt anyway...

But yer think different shads look better on different cars, the black on yours looks smart, my grey wouldnt work as well on yours imo.... where as the grey will work on mine..:icon_thumright: hence as my cars already black i went for satin grill surround. matt would have been too dull and gloss too much i think...

I cant wait to see if theres any more update today !?
I just spent money on 2 10" Subs for my car so its gonna delay me doing the skirts now but still wanna see how this turns out !

well got it painted today yes. but due to it needing to fully dry couldn't fit it back up... however i got the car stripped the wings ARE going to be a **** to sort as the bottoms and that dont line up so gonna take some fiddling tomorrow once thats done shouldn't be too bad.. Also the door trims reacted to old paint so have to be done again tomorrow but the inserts were fine so bumpers can go on...

19052009050.jpg

19052009051.jpg

19052009052.jpg

19052009053.jpg

Ad

i been spraying a few things in the garage tonight too (waiting for the first coat to dry).. great fun.. looking forward to seeing your car once its all done.. keep us posted!

got more pics today got the bumpers on and wings, i was correct about the wings there nowhere near on the bottom so the S3 wing bottom mount had to be trimmed a bit and i used the old sill parts off the old wings to make brackets to hold the S3 wings in place the brackets aren't pretty but will be hammerited then covered by the skirts after...

got the rear skirts on but removed them as i had to call it a day when i got the bumpers and wings on as there was alot of fiddling involved getting everything right i have some pics BUT not on this pc so will upload them tomorrow... should help people wanting to fit the wings and skirts....

Will also have to wait maybe a week or 2 for the skirts and dorr trims etc to go on as i wont be at my mates bodyshop just yet unless i can get over in few days but i have some work meant to be doing :crying:...

Ad

Nice its sounding like hard work hopefully will be worth it in the end !! im still gonna do mine at some point cause there are no other skirts out there i like, Just wish your car was silver so i had an even better idea of how good it looks !

ok few pics from the other day this should help the people interested in the wings...

OK bascially the wings line up as normal under the bonnet check your gaps and also pay attention to the adjusters behind the splash guard and also the ones the front of the wings bolt too... onece lined up properly bolt it all up and you get a nice straight wing....

20052009055.jpg

OK when at this stage i will assure you, you need the wing end covers off a S3! part no's :- 8L9 821 111, 8L9 821 112

these will ensure no crap comes through, the splash guards fitted good enough to warrent not worrying about getting S3 ones too so thats fine...

now for the bottom of the wings... Basically the wing foul the sill on a normal A3 so i needed to cut a diagonal so the wing misses the sill
unsure how clear this is but here:-

20052009059.jpg

So then i began to scratch my head about securing the lower part... So initially i made a steel mount which was very agricultrual... And i really needed something that curved with the sill and met the wing!?

SO i had a brainwave and cut the sill part on the STD wing and adjusted it and welded it cut a hole and bolted it onto the wing :rock:...

this was not SOLID as i bolted into the STD plastic fitting but holds in place nice what could be done it washers and nut and bolt i'll leave mine just for now tho....

heres the sill :- (apologise for the bracket looking gash i will be removing it tomorrow and rubbing it down and hammeriting it :)

20052009061.jpg

So basically thats the wing conversion... ALSO dont forget you need the S3 front bumper guides to fit the S3 bumper on too :icon_thumright:

heres a front pic

20052009058.jpg

will explain about the rear bumper tomorrow as i'm tired :blink:

Ad

Thanks Ad !!

Its looking good ! the front bumper definatly lines up better than mine!

Jason

heres a pic from today mate i have changed to bolting the bottom of the wing now, works better... Hoping to go and get the skirts finished this week all being well... got my centre grill too for the bumper just needing the clips and my other headlight is ready to go in now...

adam006.jpg

adam007.jpg

Ad

Lookin good Ad ! Love the wheels! I wanted a set of them too but seen a few with them now im thinking i need something different again :D

Thanks Ruairi the painted sills do look good, got any close up shots or with a better cam?

Jason

Here is few pics for you mate.

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

Gave it quick clean and thought id help you decide on sills