Audi S3 S Tronic Automatic Gearbox Advice Needed

Chris10S3

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to this forum stuff but I thought I'd try to get a second opinion from someone who may have had the same issues.
Recently got an Audi S3 2010 reg with an S Tronic gearbox. About a month ago I started to notice rumbling type sounds when stationary in 'Drive' and also strange metallic noises when pulling away in low revs.
The noise/rumbling goes away when neutral is selected but has got worse over the last couple of months.
Audi Walton have had the car in for a Service and diagnosed the problem as the S-Tronic gearbox
needing a new clutch/flywheel. This is an expensive job and at the moment the car drives and changes gear normally. Has anyone had a similar problem as I can find forums about clutch packs needing changing in manuals but nothing about the S-tronic.

Chris

Have the gearbox calibrated 1st with vcds or dealer, to see if the issue will go away, if not then its possible this will need doing, but maybe ask for some goodwill on such a fairly newish car as 2010 on stronic is strange to need doing.