Audi S3 Pre-facelift Bulb change........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening ladies and gents.

Im just wanting to know if anyone has actualy managed to change the dipped and main beam bulbs without actualy removing the headlights themselfs, battery, washer bottle etc?

Ive done the side lights but i just cant seem to move the backing cover for the lights, its so damn tight, ive tried to change the bulbs but cant get in and dont want to force the bulbs out as they are so damn delicate and ill end up knackering them lol.

I can do the sidelights - just - but not the mains or the xenon (obviously).

Just can't seem to maneuvre the rear cover off past the headlight wash pump and wiring or the battery box.

Lucky that taking off the bumper takes minutes.

The drivers side main beam is easy enough, I couldnt remove my backing plate fully but could spin it through 90 degrees, then it was just a case of releasing the retaining clip and extracting the bulb, although I did manage to knock my headlight casing out of alignment whilst doing this, and I was trying to change my sidelight not my dipped beam. Dont know what the passenger side is like though.

Yeah all 8l s3's are H7 main and D2S for dipped.

Anyone managed it yet then, really cant be ***** with light out.

i did mine was very tight but wiggle the cover about enough and it will pull out dan no need to remove bumper
im sure there can't be that much difference in pre and facelift lights

Cool, ill give it another go this weekend, want to fit my 6000k's :)

The indicatots just pull out andy if you have a pre-facelift, just be careful not to break the lugs as they are quite fragile, as i found out :(

let me know what you think of the 6000k's dan i dont think mine are that great lol

Or nar you tell me, i only bought them because you recommened them haha.

Why dont you think there any good?

i only found out the other day i rarely use my car sorry lol
they seem fine on a country road but when on a lit street with other cars around they seem pants,
might just be me as i can't remember what the oem 1s like before
they are a nice pale blue rather than the yellow looking old 1s which is good

Haha well see.

Are you lights pointing down? they may need aligining with vag-com, i know mine do.

they are quite low, dont really drive it at night so not worried
might take it to be checked one day

I bet they need re-doing, when changeing the bulbs youll have knocked them.

Well hopefully ill be fitting mine friday so ill let you know.

more than likely mate it was getting dark when i fitted them.

yeah let us know how you get on

oh and when are we going to see those pics of your car you were going to put up?

of your colour coded bits you said you were going to put some up