1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 - Pollen Filter Cover

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ScottSaxp, May 28, 2014.

1. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

Hi All,

Just bought a 2007 S3 for my wife. Lovely car and in decent nick thought the interior is a bit smelly. As part of that I am going to get some air con cleaner tonight from Halfrauds and I have ordered a new pollen filter. Im going to book the car in for a deep interior clean as well.

Anyway while i was checking the state of the pollen filter behind the glove box i noticed I was missing not only just the grey rubbery bit but my main concerns was that i am missing the plastic "plate" that you should push/pull to remove.

Hopefully that makes sense? I have searched the forum as well as google and I cant seem to find a part number or a spare even on ebay.

Anyone know the part number of this plastic cover and i can order one from Audi? Or anywhere else really.

Thanks
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Welcome to the site.

Just ring audi & advise of the part, they will find it on etka easily :)

If you require any oem technology installed, give us a shout :)
  3. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

Thanks for the reply. If you cover Scotland then i may have technology requirements once I get the stink out lol
  4. 347

347 Member

5. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

When you buy the new filter, be aware that there are two versions. One is just a plain paper filter for cars with only a cabin heater. The second one is a paper filter with activated carbon, which is the right one for cars fitted with air-con. The carbon protects against smells caused by condensation in the air-con ducting.
  6. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

That's a great help thanks guys!

I have used the comma air con cleaning kit tonight and shampoo'd all the mats and carpets to try to get the smell out. Will see how that goes while I wait to replace the filter and cover