1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 - Pollen Filter Cover

ScottSaxp May 28, 2014

1. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

Hi All,

Just bought a 2007 S3 for my wife. Lovely car and in decent nick thought the interior is a bit smelly. As part of that I am going to get some air con cleaner tonight from Halfrauds and I have ordered a new pollen filter. Im going to book the car in for a deep interior clean as well.

Anyway while i was checking the state of the pollen filter behind the glove box i noticed I was missing not only just the grey rubbery bit but my main concerns was that i am missing the plastic "plate" that you should push/pull to remove.

Hopefully that makes sense? I have searched the forum as well as google and I cant seem to find a part number or a spare even on ebay.

Anyone know the part number of this plastic cover and i can order one from Audi? Or anywhere else really.

Thanks

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome to the site.

Just ring audi & advise of the part, they will find it on etka easily :)

If you require any oem technology installed, give us a shout :)

3. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

Thanks for the reply. If you cover Scotland then i may have technology requirements once I get the stink out lol

4. 347

347 Active Member VCDS Map User

5. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

When you buy the new filter, be aware that there are two versions. One is just a plain paper filter for cars with only a cabin heater. The second one is a paper filter with activated carbon, which is the right one for cars fitted with air-con. The carbon protects against smells caused by condensation in the air-con ducting.

6. ScottSaxp

ScottSaxp New Member

That's a great help thanks guys!

I have used the comma air con cleaning kit tonight and shampoo'd all the mats and carpets to try to get the smell out. Will see how that goes while I wait to replace the filter and cover