Audi S3 outer CV boots....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So the s3 has split both the o/s and n/s outer boots and split all the grease out, both are dry and I believe causing my knocking.

Now 2 questions, do I just buy the boots or a full kit, and wheres best to buy either as euros is ****e for them.

GSF? Or OEM? Buy both mate that's what i did!

Where did you go? What you mean buy both?

As in both sides, unless the inner boots are ripped? I've never had a problem with GSF cv boots.

Ooh, yeah im doing both mate. Did you get the boots or a kit? I reckon my cv joints are actually shot..

Ooh, yeah im doing both mate. Did you get the boots or a kit? I reckon my cv joints are actually shot.

them new stretch boots are ace, you get a wizards sleeve cone to put them on and its fcn fun to say the least,,while feeling sorry for the mrs if she has had kids.....:blink:

If they are knocking then your past the new boot stage, it's time for new joints.

Would avoid using the Euro Car Parts Q-Drive kit, although the joints seem reasonable quality the boots and clips they supply are pants. We have had many not last a year and will no longer fit the boots. Had a few dodgy GSF ones too.

I now fit Q-Drive joints, throw the boot and clips away, and use J&R boots and clips.

J&R also do joints, but I can't say I have fitted any so don't know what they are like.

Just picked up 2 j&r driveshafts off of ebay for £100 delivered but yet to see hiw good they are as both my fronts are ****** :)

So cheaper to buy new drive shafts yeah? Stace you got a link?

So I can literally pull my old ones out and fit these I and done? Also it says for 2001-2003 s3's, will they be ok for my 2000 prefacelift? Didnt think they were mechanically different in the suspension area!

So I can literally pull my old ones out and fit these I and done? Also it says for 2001-2003 s3's, will they be ok for my 2000 prefacelift? Didnt think they were mechanically different in the suspension area!

Check to see if you have the bolt in or nut type, just take a centre cap off.

Bolt in? Sure mine have a large hex nut behind the wheel.

If you have a nut then you need the earlier drive shafts.

Its alright ive found the ones. £110 delivered for both. May as well really buy them as itll save me money really. Its a apy 2000 mate.