1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi s3 oem xexons not working

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dave5551, Aug 6, 2014.

1. dave5551

dave5551 Work in progress

My headlights aren't working the warning light comes on but there brand new bulbs in today and the old one werernt even popped when taken out and there is power going to them as I had my electrical gauge on em and was reading fine anyone help. Cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Ballasts are on their way out...

Try this next time..... turn on lights... wait for beep, turn off lights then wait ten seconds before turning lights back on... they 'should' fire up... if they do then your ballasts are on their way out.. if they don't then chances are they are fecked and need replacing... this happened to mine and I replaced them with aftermarket ones from site sponsor EM Tuning

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...9-my-minor-modding-thread-67.html#post2166381

<tuffty/>

4. phil08

phil08 Member

I recently posted a thread about this....

I too have an S3 and changed the bulbs this must have upset the ballasts somehow and they decided to give up. First one headlight wouldn't fire up, turned them off and on again and they both worked. After a few days of this though the nearside gave up completely so I only had one working headlight.

Well I ordered new ballasts and they now work perfectly, infact coupled with the 6000k bulbs its like a brand new pair of headlights and the light output seems alot better than before.

Use EM tuning cannot praise this guy enough for helping me out.