Audi S3 Mirrors

How many hours a week do you spend on cleaning your car?

• Total voters

Barclaygreyhound

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am a just after purchasing my first ever audi after owning a string of Golf Gti from Mk2's up to Mk4's. I bought an absolute red audi S3 with cream leather recaros. I love the car but have one problem, I dont like the chrome mirrors. Does anyone know anything about replacing them with the standard A3 mirror. She is a 00 model. I bought A3 mirror caps and got them sprayed to find out they dont fit. The S3 is a totally different unit to the A3. Do I have to replcae the whole mechanism or is there a way around it? Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The A3 and S3 are identical. What you have to make sure of though is that you get the same year A3/S3. i.e all A3/S3 >2000 are the same and all A3/S3 2001> are the same.

Rich

cheers, its just when i went to my local audi dealer the S3 chrome mirrors came up as a whole unit and when i bought the caps the aholes didnt match up.

why not offer a swap on the trading forum- your chrome mirrors for the colour code you require. i am sure you will get an offer. my car is black so cant help you unfortunately. i do have some ming blue spare covers though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do you know if the audi a3 mirrors fit directly on or what parts do I need to change them> I want to hold onto the chrome ones for when I sell the car.

Is there rubbing in the arches with 18's on, what tyre would you recommend with a set of 18's.

Iv'e got a set of mirror back covers from a Absolute Red 2001 S3 if they are any good to you???

[ QUOTE ]
i do have some ming blue spare covers though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't be looking to sell those would you Ian? I'm after some.

would be definately interested in buying them off you will they directly replace the chrome mirrios

i think you should keep the chrome mirrors on, looks really good

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should keep the chrome mirrors on, looks really good

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

At first, before I got my S3, I didn't like the idea of chrome mirrors, they looked unfinished, but after getting it and seeing other with Std mirrors, it sets it apart.

If your travelling down the road and an Audi, with chrome mirrors, appears behind you, you know that it's going to be something a little bit special. It's just a little feature that set's the S3's apart from the crowd - subtle, but with some understated style.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IMO the S mirrors are beginning to look cheap and tacky. just as the m3 mirrors were ripped off i see more and more cars with the chrome mirror look.

keep em colour coded and og for the stealth look!

depends on the colour of the car. The look good on a black car, hardly noticeble on silver and not too good on the rest of the colours. I wouldnt like them on my red A3