1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 Miles on a full tank?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by chuckys3, May 24, 2004.

1. chuckys3

chuckys3 Member

Hi All,

I'm a newbie but this is my 2nd S3 and I luv them to bits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Had a lot of cars and nothing comes close. My previous one was a 210bhp model and went down the route of modding it but now i got a new 225 i think it drives great.

Just curious on how many miles S3 owners get on a full tank of optimoax. I just got 245miles, out of a full tank, but i have to say i do sometimes tend to red line it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the computer its coming up saying 26mpg for average which is say is about right.

2. chuckys3

chuckys3 Member

sorry forgot to mention that wasn't motorway miles, just around town.
  3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I can get 300 miles normally which is mainly motorway with some town driving. went to Gti International a few weeks ago and got 400 miles out of the tank.

Was happy with that.
  4. MingBluS3

MingBluS3 Member

Got all the way from Southend essex to Paris on one tank of petrol, 120 all the way where possible. could not believe the mpg above 110mph.
  5. NWMark

NWMark Member

For the performance you get from the car i think the mpg is superb on them.

i get about 26-28 mpg on my normal driving habits, i.e. mostly town driving.

Mark
  6. wizard

wizard Member

Mine too.. about 340 to a tank with a mix of motorway and street. 380+ if its all motorway.

If I thrash the arse of it for three days solid I still never get less than 300...

I have found mixing petrol helps loads. Try filling up with BP Ultimate next time and see if it makes a difference. I found that constantly using the same vendor ie Optimax for long periods the car gets so used to it, it 'goes to sleep' on me and the performance drops and the car goes lazy on me.

Wizard
    ----------
    Audi S3, Oettinger Remap, 18" RS6, BOSE, Sat Nav
  7. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Would anyone recommend resetting the ECU (i.e. pulling out the plug for a few minutes) to let it learn again with Optimax/Ultimate?

How would this affect my remapp - I'm guessing that the remap is coded as part or the hardware of the ECU now (after soldering a chip into it) therefore resetting keeps the remap?
  8. Speedo

Speedo Member

By mistake i left the car doors open over night with the key in ignition (car was in garage) - this of course ran down the battery! and reset the ECU! Having sorted that out i was amazed of how responsive the car felt - i think a ECU reset should be done maybe every 3-4 months, it makes a difference if the car is feeling sluggish! I dont think the remap would be an issue here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  9. neiloneilo

neiloneilo Member

I got exactly 325.4 miles out of my first tank (then ran out). Since then the light has been coming on around the 300 mark (including optimax). However I put BP ultimate in last week, I been doing the same kind a driving (motorway + street + fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    I done 100miles so far and the car thinks it will get at least 420+ miles total.
    Allowing for the problems I'm having, if you've read any of my earlier posts.
  10. StephenBogan

StephenBogan Member

USe to get 240, but fitted a ecotec and now getting 315. Drive it like it should be and a mix of town and motor way.

Like the sound of resetting the ecu though!
  11. mramage

mramage Member

Managed 440 miles out a tank and still had about 15 to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Included an hour of sitting on the M6 car park that is Birmingham (pre-toll).

Normally not any more than 350.